Overwrote user Rhythm patterns, now default patches use them

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
buminbeer

Overwrote user Rhythm patterns, now default patches use them

Post by buminbeer »

I overwrote all the Rhythm user patches(which I know was a copy of the internal patches) by downloading and installing 256 rhythm patterns. This was a mistake, as they guy who made them, well must have been a 12 year old with no knowledge of how drums work or sound???
Anyway, when I go to play a patch and just want a quick jam on it, I hit the Rhythm button and hit one of the pads, it plays those horrible user patterns. Before, it seemed like the programmers put in close beat to the what the sound was doing.
So, I cannot initialize the board, as I have tons of samples/custom patches in sequences and so on. Is there a way to only initialize the Rhythm user section? Or is there a way to get the patches to play back the Rom settings for the drums? I looked until I am blue and cannot figure it out!
Thanks for any help with this...
buminbeer

Re: Overwrote user Rhythm patterns, now default patches use

Post by buminbeer »

Bump, no one knows how to reset only the user rhythm patterns, :(
ensho

Post by ensho »

Hello bummibeer,

I have no knowledge about Rhythm patterns (never used em). But I'm thinking whether reverse engineering won't do the trick. Save all the data that you have on your board into the librarian (instead of just dumping everything -including the faulty rhythm patterns- as a backup onto the card). Then initialize the board. Then re-install all your samples, patches etc.

I have no idea whether this will work. And you should definitely backup everything to be able to at least return to the current state of the keyboard.

Cheers,
ensho
Romey

Post by Romey »

There is a slight caveat to that procedure you should take into account. The librarian does not save samples like a user backup would. So if you initialize the board your user samples will be gone. (if you have any samples in your user area) You can use the librarian to overwrite the rhyhmn patterns though. So you might add some steps to the procedure.
1. Backup using user backup procedure.
2. Initialize Fantom.
3. Save rythmn patterns to librarian.
4. Restore User backup.
5. Overwrite rhythmn patterns using librarian.

Hope this Helps.
Romey
buminbeer

Post by buminbeer »

Thanks all, I really was hoping to avoid all that. I have 200 user patches stored, many sequences, custom samples and afraid something will go wrong as well as all the internal changes from D-beam to sample playback and so on :(

Thanks again for your help, I may just live it until I research it some more. I don't want anything to change, other then getting the patterns back the way they were.