TRICKS ON SAMPLING

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
HOMEBWOI

TRICKS ON SAMPLING

Post by HOMEBWOI »

I'm going to check out the Fantom-S this weekend, and before I buy this piece of equipment, I just want to know if anybody could tell me if you can play your sequenced data and do a live sample at the same time. I would like to be able to play some live guitar and sample it into the Fantom-S while listening to the track. is this possible?

bwoi
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: TRICKS ON SAMPLING

Post by Artemiy »

As far as I know, it is not possible to sample while playing back any sequences. This is because it samples everything anyway while sequencer is running.

Sampling is only possible in "sampling" mode.

Anyway, I don't own a Fantom-S yet, so I can't surely tell you anything.
NY2G

Post by NY2G »

Yo can sample while the sequence is playing in solo mode. This let's you sample incoming audio and play the sequencer at the same time. Mix mode let's you do the same, except it samples the inputs and the sequencer. The only thing this doesn't seem to do is assign a note message, so you have to cut the sample and place it in the song yourself. This feature would be easy enough to implement, and I am sure it will be in an os update. Hope that helps.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Hmmm... that's good to know.

Solo mode is the patch mode, am I right?
NY2G

Post by NY2G »

No. Solo mode is one of the sampler modes. As well as regular sampling, resampling, mix and auto divide. The sampler is very versatile.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Wow! That's realy impressive! Whew... my heart starts thumping faster... :-)

What else interesting can you tell us about the sampler? What can it do except timestretch/chop?

Can it loop forward and backward? Or only forward loops?

Thanks!
HOMEBWOI

Post by HOMEBWOI »

Can you change the pitch without changing the tempo,and can you turn off the timestretch feature? Oh, and what's auto divde

bwoi