Saving sampled patches

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
acpittpro

Re: Saving sampled patches

Post by acpittpro »

Oh, and you mentioned that "you could load just the set you need with a filename change to the samples on the card." Can you explain this? Do you mean I could forgo loading all samples on startup, and just load the rhythm set I want, and it will load all corresponding samples automatically?
Romey

Post by Romey »

No, that does'nt sound quite correct. The fantom marks any new sample or edited sample with the word "new" in the samples list. Only the new ones are saved. The size of the samples determines how long it takes to save or load, not the number of samples. (Been thinking about this one . Let me check and I will get back to you later)

If you noticed, on the card there is file directory that starts with the Roland folder. Inside that folder is all the data that will be referred to as card data. For instance, all of the samples are stored in the sample folder, the SEQ files contains songs created, The .snd file contains all the patches, etc. When you power on the fantom looks at the folder named Roland to load its data from. You could create a duplicate of this folder structure on the card but with different patches, samples, songs, etc. and name it something other than Roland and you would basically have 2 sets of card data. Then change the name of which Folder is named Roland depending on which data you want to be loaded. This just one way to do this sort of thing. Others have come up other methods. Check the fantom tips and tricks on this forum.

Romey
Romey

Post by Romey »

It looks as though you are correct again. The fantom will re-save, or so it appears, all samples when using the Save All samples. You might try using the mark set feature to mark only the ones you want to save and then use the write button. It does'nt really take long to mark 60 or so samples. Certainly not as long as it takes for the fantom to rewrite the whole sample memory.
Romey