Fantom X6 screen repair

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Glamfuzz

Fantom X6 screen repair

Post by Glamfuzz »

Hi there. Newbie post. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Fantom X6 that our cats managed to pull down, smashing the screen. I watched various online videos on how to replace Fantom X screens, bought a replacement LCD screen, opened up my X6 and discovered that the structural build is quite different from the X7 and X8. After several false starts and many hours of little screws, I managed to fit the screen and all is running again smoothly, but the plastic / perspex screen that goes over the LCD screen is also broken. The original has a black tape with F1 / F2 et down the bottom. I've got a bit of perspex to cut but it won't have the black tape and by the time it is fitted it might look a bit rough without the black frame. Does anyone know how to get hold of just the plastic screen cover. i don't want to spend a fortune on the whole sreen hood assembly. Roland UK don't seem to list the Fantom X6 for spares... I'm hoping for a part number and any suggestions where I might find a screen.

Cheers

Glamfuzz
ensho

Re: Fantom X6 screen repair

Post by ensho »

Hello Glamfuzz,

you might be able to score an LCD screen at
www.instrumentalparts.com
Their products are not too cheap. But then again, spare parts for discontinued products are not so easy to come by at all.

Keep us updated how things are going. It's a small community here, but it's still alive!..

Cheers,
ensho