Saving patch banks to card?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
geckotx

Saving patch banks to card?

Post by geckotx »

On my XV3080, I can load entire patch banks into the Smartmedia card in slots A-H and then access patches directly from the card slots without having to load them into the User bank. This is a super cool feature. Can this be done on the Fantom S? The manual makes no mention of this so I'm guessing it cant?
gcoudert67

Re: Saving patch banks to card?

Post by gcoudert67 »

I'm a Fantom X user but I guess they're pretty much the same. In addition to the preset bank, you can only acces the user bank and one card bank at any time. That's 512 patches but it's still a pain.
geckotx

Post by geckotx »

Thanks for the reply. Yes it appears the card can only hold 256 patches, in a single bank. Do you know if there is any way to copy an entire patch bank to the card in bulk, or can you only save patches one at a time?
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

geckotx wrote:Thanks for the reply. Yes it appears the card can only hold 256 patches, in a single bank. Do you know if there is any way to copy an entire patch bank to the card in bulk, or can you only save patches one at a time?
You can do it via USB from the Fantom PC software (available from the Roland website). I assume the Fantom S has USB?
You can also save your user bank to the card without overwriting the card bank by using the 'Backup' function.