Saving samples directly to card on X6

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
twaitest

Saving samples directly to card on X6

Post by twaitest »

Happy new year all!

I am wondering if there is a way to put my memory card that is normally in my Fantom X into my computer (I have a card reader), drag and drop a sample in, then put the card into the keyboard and access the sample?

I tried it, but cannot find the sample when I put the card into the keyboard.

Can someone give me the step by step? (I read in the FAQ about connecting via USB, but hoping to just use the card)
gcoudert67

Re: Saving samples directly to card on X6

Post by gcoudert67 »

On the PC, you have to put the samples in the TMP --> AUDIO IMPORT folder. NOT in the Roland --> Smpl folder!
You must then IMPORT them into the synth/card as follows:

-Put the card in the keyboard.
-Press the Sample List button,
-Press the Menu button and select Audio Import,
-Press F2 (Card) and browse to the TMP --> Audio Import folder of the card (you move up and down folders by using the left and right cursor keys),
-'Mark' the samples you want to import using F5 ('Mark Set') and press F8 ('Import Audio') when you are done,
-The samples are now on the card and will be visible when you go back to the Sample List. Make sure you save them after editing by 'marking' them in the sample list and pressing the Write button.

Check page 148 of the manual. Hope this helps!
twaitest

Post by twaitest »

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

twaitest wrote:Thank you!!!!!!!!!
No probs. I do this all the time except for the fact that I transfer samples to the card via USB with the card still in the Fantom. If you need 80s-style samples, let me know.