Help PLEASE... Need AUDIO TRACK EXPANSION !!

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa

Help PLEASE... Need AUDIO TRACK EXPANSION !!

Postby freekie » 01:22, 10 February 2017

I have looked for weeks !!! I cannot find anywhere to purchase/borrow a FANTOM x6 audio track expansion upgrade card to upgrade my Fantom X6 ...... I called Roland and they will update it, but I have to send the board to them. 80 bucks each way and 40 bucks to flash it is a lot of money to update it. Roland no longer has stock of the card to sell :-( Doesnt anyone have the card that I could borrow real quick to upgrade my X6 and I will ship it right back to you. Ebay has one for 200 bucks !!! I wanted to have someone download the contents of the card but I heard from Ro landthat the card cannot be copied :-( ..... someone also said that they thought it USED to be available as a download on the Roland website but I cannot locate it....any help or anyone that would be willing to share their card so that I could flash it and send it back to you ! I will promise to flash it and send it back the same day I receive it !! ANY help or direction is greatly appreciated as I would like to have the features the AUDIO TRACK EXPANSION kit offers ...thanks in advance !!
freekie

Re: Help PLEASE... Need AUDIO TRACK EXPANSION !!

Postby timbo4000 » 13:16, 11 February 2017

I live on the uk and contacted roland UK Re my Fantom xr in relation to upgrading to the audio track expansion, not only did they say they no longer sold it they also could not up grade if unit was sent to them. Good job for me it wasn't urgent as I have kontakt. Good luck with your quest.
timbo4000

Postby gcoudert67 » 22:29, 11 February 2017

Both my Fantoms were already expanded so I can't help either but, to be perfectly honest, those Audio Track Expansion functions are overrated. You can just sample your audio parts, assign them to separate keys in a patch and sequence them via the MIDI sequencer like you would with any other (multi)sample-based patch. You do get an extra bank of presets with the expansion though.
gcoudert67

Postby LA Keys » 23:49, 11 February 2017

Where are you located freekie?
I MAY be able to help...

LA
LA Keys

Postby ixd704 » 18:16, 2 April 2017

I too would like to get my hands on the OS 2.0 upgrade so I can try out the 2.10 patch that is available. Anyone have any idea where to get a copy of the card and software? I have a Fantom X8 BTW.
ixd704

Postby LA Keys » 19:01, 2 April 2017

I may be able to help you too...
Send me a PM with your location.

LA
LA Keys

Return to Fantom-S and Fantom-X