Fantom-XR Multisample Help please

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
BassBob

Fantom-XR Multisample Help please

Post by BassBob »

Hi, I'm trying find out what's the proper way to create a multisample, save it, and where to
find it when you power up after shutting down.
I created a multisample of 4 samples. Each sample had it's own note within the C5 octave.
I then saved it. The multisample that I created functioned the way I wanted it to. The
problem arose when I shut down and powered up. First, I can't find the multisample. Second
is, I see the individual samples under USAM 001, 003, 005, 007 and C4 is the only note which
properly trigger the samples. What steps am I missing. Help would be greatly appreciated.
gcoudert67

Re: Fantom-XR Multisample Help please

Post by gcoudert67 »

I have an X7 and an X8, not an XR but, to select a multisample within a patch, you have to select MSAM, not SAMP, which is for individual samples. I guess the XR works in a similar way.
BassBob

Post by BassBob »

Thanks gcoudert67, but MSAM does not appear on screen.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

BassBob wrote:Thanks gcoudert67, but MSAM does not appear on screen.
Edit: solution below.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

OK, assuming you have saved your multisample, create your patch in Patch Edit mode. When you're on the screen below ('Wave Group'), you can select INT, SAMP, MSAM or EXP - as detailed on page 54 of the manual - for each of the four 'tones' that make up a patch. MSAM is the one you want; you must then select your multisample from the box. Adjust any other parameter you want to and save the patch. Hope this helps!
Gilles

gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

Having re-read your question, I will add the following re. the whole process:

1. Sample sounds or import samples. They will appear in the Sample list but won't be saved.
2. Edit them, making sure you enter their root notes- this is important when creating the multisample.
3. In the Sample List, 'mark' the samples for saving and save them using the Write button.
4. Mark the samples again and create a multisample.
6. Save the multisample.
7. Create a patch, select MSAM then your multisample as the sound source as explained above.
BassBob

Post by BassBob »

Thanks Gilles for taking the time to help me out. I'm going to give
it a try. Many thanks.
monks

Post by monks »

Hi, I'm trying to figure this out myself. I can do everything- create the multisample, set all of the pitches, save as a multi sample, then create a patch and assign the MSM and save the patch. The patch then plays from the Keyboard just fine UNTIL I turn off the keyboard. When I turn it on again and select the patch I've just saved, there is no sound from the keys. When I try to edit the patch and set it to Group to MSM, Wave Bank is already set to card where the samples are...the samples are listed, but there's no sound when I play the kbrd. If I select piano tone, that plays fine.
The samples are originally on a Memory card. How can I save a patch onto the Memory card? Any help with this? Where are multisamples stored and can you navigate to them and inspect them?

Thanks,
monks
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

@monks: Cross posted. I've answered your question on the other discussion you've just created.

LA