Where is it coming from?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Xcited

Where is it coming from?

Post by Xcited »

I'm trying to create a new performance from an exisiting one. I removed all MFX. When I change a patch (ex: from clav to piano), I can still hear an effect. Where is this coming from? EVERY patch in the performance will have this effect on it. There must be a simple solution but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.
gcoudert67

Re: Where is it coming from?

Post by gcoudert67 »

Can you post a photo of the effects screen?
Xcited

Post by Xcited »

IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1234.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 1590 times
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

OK. From that same screen, press F8 (Effect Sw) then F1 to F6 to turn everything off.
Do you still hear the effect?
Xcited

Post by Xcited »

I still do. There's a long reverb on the piano. It's funny, even with the part not checked it still plays even if I'm not on that part.
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

And the part you're on isn't a piano patch? Have you checked the MIDI channel assignments?
This is really strange.
Re. the effect, I assume you haven't got an external reverb patched into the signal path? It sounds like a stupid question but that's happened to me before!
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

Maybe you ought to back up your sounds and samples to a CF card, do a factory reset and restore the back-up. It's a fairly quick and simple procedure if you have a card.
Xcited

Post by Xcited »

I wouldn't know how to do an external reverb so no. I don't use MIDI either so I'm stumped.
gdh

Post by gdh »

I had the same sort of issue, also when creating a new performance I could uncheck each patch (they were all So True piano on every Perf patch whether I initialized or not) and the piano would be in the background. Did a factory reset and whatever was hidden in there was wiped out. Must have been some digital remnants.
Xcited

Post by Xcited »

My solution was to just eliminate parts 1 and 2 and just use the other parts. When I did that I could still hear part 1 even though it was unchecked and not selected. So, I used the key range and stuck it at the top end just a couple of notes. I now have what I want with layering parts 3 and 4 and no effects. I just wish I knew what was going on.