Using multisamples when limited to 1 octave bass pedals

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
midijunkie

Using multisamples when limited to 1 octave bass pedals

Post by midijunkie »

Need some suggestions

I have a Fantom XR Rack trying do do some multi-samples. I am use a set of bass pedals trying to trigger individual samples. I set the samples in the Fantom XR to the original keys:

Sample 1 C2
Sample 2 E2

When I go in to create the multisample it will only let me do a "range" for the original key instead of an individual note for each one like I can with my SP404SX. Only problem why I do not use the SP 404SX to do this is that I cannot change programs thru midi commands to load each individual set of patches for each song that I need to use them.

Is there a way to do this that I am just not getting or maybe should me using a different product all together.
So...

1) Can I do this with the Fantom XR as I am limited to 1 octave from my bass pedals (most I can trip is 2 samples ( C2 and C3).
2) If not, is there another product Roland or another manufacturer makes that can do this
gcoudert67

Re: Using multisamples when limited to 1 octave bass pedals

Post by gcoudert67 »

When you create a multisample with two samples assigned to C2 and E2, the lower sample will automatically be assigned to a range covering the lowest note to about D2 and the higher sample will cover the rest of the notes.

The only way you can assign individual samples to individual notes is by creating a Rhythm Set instead of a Multisample. It will be more time consuming and will sound the same, although you will be able to adjust parameters for each note.

I hope this helps.