frustation

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
dalecarlica

frustation

Post by dalecarlica »

Okay guys, this is where everyone laugh their heads off-, but after having installed the Audio Expansion, that beautiful Rhodes 'suitcase' 88 and Wurlitzer 200A GIF's, have now been replaced by Roland's own yucky RD-something. So whenever I play an electric piano, I have to look at that ugly pic. I've now done all my multisampling- and editing and hardly ever use the Audio Expansion, since I don't sing and don't need to record a guitarist or a saxophonist. Surely it couldn't have been due to Rhodes an Wurlitzer not wanting their E.pianos being associated, or a copyright issue? Yamaha's MOTIF still have their beautiful Rhodes and Wurly GIFS, and so does the Korg Kronos and Krome. Thus: Is there ANY way I can get my Fantom X6 back the way it was when I bought it????
gcoudert67

Re: frustation

Post by gcoudert67 »

Check page 221 of the manual. Your picture file must be in BMP (bitmap) format - not GIF - and must be of the size specified on the aforementioned page of the manual (320 x 240 pixels). The procedure is described on the same page.
dalecarlica

Post by dalecarlica »

Thanx gcoudert67 , but you are referring to the screen savers which are in BMP. I'm referring to the default pic in the background whenever I play ANY instrument under the "electric piano" category!
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

Oh, I see. Have you browsed through the various folders to see if there are any bmp files inside? You may be able to replace them with yours.
dalecarlica

Post by dalecarlica »

gcoudert67 you don't get it-I want2be able to have the ORIGINAL Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer E.P's back in the background, when I play those sounds in those respective categories, but you keep on telling me to use my own BMP's. That can only be done and seen when you EDIT a sound or as screensavers.