EH Lester K rotary pedal

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
gdh

EH Lester K rotary pedal

Post by gdh »

Picked one up tonight before heading to a jam session. Have read quite a few reviews and it supposedly stacks up well to the Neo Ventilator. No time to really get into the pedal so will have to play with it at home before our next outing.
Anyone else run one. Having owned a 122 for many years I am hoping that it can come closer than the built in Leslie fx that comes with the X6. Will update once I have spent some time with the pedal and Mossy's B3 patches.
gdh

Re: EH Lester K rotary pedal

Post by gdh »

Played with it for an hour or so, it is a fair bit better than the built in rotary fx. When I first plugged it in I though meh but after some tweaking to speeds, balance on horn vs lower speaker, drive it's not too bad. Anyone who says that it is a Leslie 122/147 equivalent has never used one or at least a properly functioning one. This test was using mono only, later will run it in stereo. Now would I rather cart this or a 122 to a practice or jam - most definitely the pedal. I doubt most ppl would truly know the difference (other than musicians as we can be a fussy lot) in a live setting. I was talking with a guy who returned a mini Ven, I asked why, he talked about noise and a muddy sound. I asked if he took all the fx (amp sim, rotary etc) off his kybd (Korg), well I could see the light go off as he realized that he hadn't.

On Mossy's patches I have chorus on most and let the pedal do it's job. Next up running in stereo, then see how it does live through a P A.
gdh

Re: EH Lester K rotary pedal

Post by gdh »

Liking this pedal more and more. Ran it through my regular setup this morning X6 -> mixer -> Speakeasy Vintage Classic Stereo Tube Pre -> LK -> amp/powered speaker vs yesterday X6 -> amp with LK in fx send/rtn. The Speakeasy has twin Hammond clone amps with individual gain and output along with individual bass and treble controls. Big difference, in a small room where only a 122 is required the LK gets about 75% there as the amt of air movement from the 122 is truly special. In a larger setting esp in a loud rock band going through a PA the LK will be excellent. The LK is a vast improvement over the built in X6 rotary fx. I borrowed a friend's mini vent,which is a very nice pedal, for a quick A/B. We both felt that the LK added less colour to the sound and was its equal. Given the huge price differential we both felt that the LK was the winner. YMMV