Tone Copy Problem

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Bread

Tone Copy Problem

Post by Bread »

Hi

In the manual it says when in patch play mode, pressing "menu" gives the "tone copy" option.

On my fantom I don't get this menu option so something isn't quite right somewhere.

Sorry for the idiot question but if someone could help explain how to copy a patch from one bank to another using the front panel I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Bread

Re: Tone Copy Problem

Post by Bread »

A bit more info ...

I'm using a Fantom XR running version 2.02 firmware and have no computer connection as my Mac runs Sierra 10.12.6 which is not compatible with any of the editors, so I'm stuck by only being able to use the front panel.

I've looked at the manuals again today but still for the life of me cannot work out how to copy a tone from one bank and paste it into another. I do not have the option for "Tone Copy" as described.

I've tried "patch init" as described in the v2 release notes but this does not work either.

Thanks
gcoudert67

Post by gcoudert67 »

OK, this probably won't help but, on the keyboard version, it's under Patch Edit --> Util Menu.

You probably see something different from the manual because of a software update. I had that issue with my old Akai S5000.
Bread

Post by Bread »

I've looked in the menu but the tone - copy option isn't in there.