Store multiple sampled samples to pads on fantom x8

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Timmy_lb

Store multiple sampled samples to pads on fantom x8

Post by Timmy_lb »

Hi everyone,

Maybe a stupid question, but i can't seem to find a solution to assign and save multiple samples to the pads in a performance..

I resampled 10 chords of a song wich i want to trigger, in performance mode by pushing the pad buttons. This for playing a solo whilst having the full chords on the pads.

If i assign these sampled chords to the pads, i can play the solo perfectly.. the problem is that i cant seem to store this in the pad/rythm section.. i always have to load the 10 sampled parts individiually to the pads.

Is it possible in any way to save and load the song without losing the samples on the pad section?

Hope anyone can help me..

Thanks in advance!
Andy Keys

Re: Store multiple sampled samples to pads on fantom x8

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi Timmy,
It's been a while since I did this, but I think you have to save the multisample as a Patch, and then use that Patch in the Performance. You'll need to either set the Fantom to Load All Samples at Start up, or you'll have to load them manually each time. Give us a nudge here if you need help with any of those bits.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Andy
Timmy_lb

Post by Timmy_lb »

Hi Andy,

I did make a multisample from the individual samples, but i haven't tried to store it as a patch yet.. i will try this later this week.

one problem i that i probably will have, is that when i put the new multisample in the performance, automaticly it will be assigned to the keys. do you know how to assign this patch to the pad bank?

also I'm afraid that i will run into the same problem.. i already tried to load a preset sample to the pad bank (orange buttons) and it runs well as long as i dont select any other performance.
The rythm set resets itself every time.

The manual tells me to hit F8 (write) in the pad settings, and store the performance afterwards.. this didn't work..

If i push the write button next to the screen, nothing happens when i try to save a rythm set..
The button works fine when i save a performance, or patch.

Do you know how to store these altered rythm sets?

Thanks for your input... your answer gave me new ideas already to try and make it work.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi, I'm not at my Fantom now, so this is off the top of my head and looking at the manual.
Timmy_lb wrote:one problem i that i probably will have, is that when i put the new multisample in the performance, automaticly it will be assigned to the keys. do you know how to assign this patch to the pad bank?
Save the Multisample, then use that as the 'waveform' in a Patch. Save the Patch. Add the Patch as one of the Parts in your Performance.

Press [Mixer] to get to your Performance, and then press [F6 - switch screens] to get to Performance Mixer 2 screen (it says this in the top left corner of the screen).

Scroll the cursor across to the Part you want to play on the Pads, scroll down and highlight the P button (just above the Function keys). That marks that Part as the Pad Part. (K is for the Keyboard On/Off Switch, and A is for the Arpeggio Part). Write the Performance to save the changes.

That should make you good to go. I'm not sure what you mean later by the rhythm resetting itself.

You'll still have to load all the samples to make the multisample play.

Let me know if this helps, and how you get on. We'll figure it out :)
Timmy_lb

Post by Timmy_lb »

Hi andy..

I finally had the time to continue working on this song..
Thanks to your last post it works perfectly now.

Thank you for helping me out in the world of the fantom's multisamples ;-)
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Awesome! Glad you got it working. :)