Fantom Manual Says Bizzare stuff?????

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
RF

Fantom Manual Says Bizzare stuff?????

Post by RF »

Page 203 of the Fantom S owners manual says that the unit accepts 1 SRJV80 and two SRX series expansion boards. Is this True??? My unit appears to have 4 slots of the SRX type. Also the manual on page 207 says that I can expand to 512mb of sample ram. I thought 288 was max ram? Please advise, anyone.

Thanks
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Fantom Manual Says Bizzare stuff?????

Post by Artemiy »

ha ha ha :-)

Theay must have included this from the old FA-76 manual LOL :-) lazy bastards :-)

Fantom FA-76 accepts 1 SR-JV80 and 2 SRX...

LOL :-)
FatBoyJim

Re: Fantom Manual Says Bizzare stuff?????

Post by FatBoyJim »

I called Roland customer support today and spoke with Robert. He said that the manual and other literature put out about the Fantom-S were wrong. He said that currently the Fantom-S could take 512 MB of RAM but that it could only use an additional 256 MB RAM and that it would only show that there was the addional 256 MB RAM even if it has the 512 installed. I also asked about the 4 SRX board slots and he said that the Fantom-S could not take SR-JV Boards and that it could only take the SRX Boards but that it could take all 4 of them. He said that the manual had a lot of mistakes and that Roland was correcting them and coming out with a new manual that previous buyers of the Fantom-S could have free of charge but that it will be a little while before it comes out.