Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
usinare

got the fantom s

Post by usinare »

got it on saturday. this board's strong point are

1 - etremely easy to use
2 - very good features set.

its easier than the triton.
the presets are disappointing. compared it to the xv5080 and the xv5080 beats it all the way.

i am confused now. use this board with the xv5080 or motif rack. or get the motif rack, midi controller and external sequencer. i am in hell.
tdm71

Re: got the fantom s

Post by tdm71 »

Those are the EXACT same things I have been saying as well as others. The features do not justify weak presets! I bought a Motif rack after demoing the Fantom cause it frankly was not even close, not even in the same LEAGUE!! I believe a lot people around here and other places are defending the sounds cause they would rather not admit there is much better out there. Tritons are industry standards for a reason, don't let other people persuade you. A Triton w/ Motif or XV combo smokes the Fantom without a doubt. Don't worry about ease of use, you will get used to it but you can never get rid of weak sounds. Listen and see what the pro's use, they are the ones who are using the tools to make the music you and I buy:))
I'd be happy to offer you advice any time!!
HOMEBWOI

Re: got the fantom s

Post by HOMEBWOI »

I just think that everyone has their own opinion about what they think sounds good. For one the triton has been on the market for a long time now, and the sounds has become boring. everyone you know damn near know has one and everybody's music seems to have the same character. I tested these two boards side by side (Fantom-S & the Triton) and I will have to admit the Fantom had a fresher more realistic sound to it than the triton on many a sounds. Now I do admit the Triton's synht sounds still are thicker which is always better when you speak on synthersized sounds. By the way for everyone who has nothing good to say about this board, What kind of music do you all do? I'm only asking because that might be a big reason why you all might hate this board.

bwoi