Roland Phantom X6 - Convert Styles from Korg-Yamaha

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Richard Moore

Roland Phantom X6 - Convert Styles from Korg-Yamaha

Post by Richard Moore »

Hi guys.
I need little bit of help here.

Just got myself one Roland Phantom X6.
I need to know what software to use with it, like leaning apps and fun apps, also the most important thing i need is, if it's possible to convert (Styles and sounds from Korg or Yamaha) to work on my Roland X6.

Previous i was using Korg PA2X PRO (not mine). All Styles from Korg, i have them saved on USB sticks (arround 700 costom styles) which i bought from different creators.
Does anyone know how to do this coversion and if it's possible?

Also:
1. What is your opinion of switching from PA2X Pro to Roland Phantom X6, the change which i did.
2. What type of cable do i need to connect it to my Onkio Audio System/Amplifier? And from which output/input (Keybpoard > Amplifier)?

Thank you in advance :D
Attachments
240898184_4063421267120773_4381223469325950299_n.jpg
240898184_4063421267120773_4381223469325950299_n.jpg (107.82 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
GVCC.jpg
GVCC.jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
81vQV45mu1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81vQV45mu1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (134 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Rodan

Re: Roland Phantom X6 - Convert Styles from Korg-Yamaha

Post by Rodan »

Hi Richard, welcome to the clan.

This forum is not as active as it used to be, so I don't check it very often. Still here are some answers in reverse order.

2. I assume you have gotten the audio hooked up by now, but if not, you would connect the Fantom Output A left and right to the TV/CD inputs on the amp. I think you could use any of the audio inputs in that row, they would all be the same. For a cable, you could use RCA to RCA cables which are ubiquitous and then add RCA to 1/4 plug adapters on one end. Alternatively, you could get left and right from the phone jack with a cable that appropriately splits into left and right RCA plugs.

1. The Fantom is a workstation that was state of the art in its day. Newer models have some improvements, but the original Fantom X is still a very powerful keyboard. I'm not familiar with the Korg PA2X PRO, but it is called an arranger keyboard. This generally means that it works well as a One-man-band instrument. Certainly the two have overlapping functions. Unless you are looking for some specific workflow that is supported by the Korg and not by the Roland, I think the biggest difference will just be in the overall sound. The Fantom will feature the Roland sound, the PA2X the Korg sound. Which is better is entirely a matter of your own personal taste. Given, you are moving from a borrowed board to your own, I think you will be happy.

Finally, can you convert any of your styles and sounds to run on the Fantom? I think that is unlikely, but I am not expert. Still, the Fantom X is a great board and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun learning how to use it. Good Luck.
anotherscott

Re: Roland Phantom X6 - Convert Styles from Korg-Yamaha

Post by anotherscott »

Fantom is not an arranger. It does not use styles, it's not designed for auto-accompaniment the way an arranger is.