How to get the official S7xx to Fantom-X converter to work with ISOs/without a CD drive

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Xeraser

How to get the official S7xx to Fantom-X converter to work with ISOs/without a CD drive

Post by Xeraser »

I spent well over a month trying to figure this out but as it turns out the official converter absolutely refuses to work when selecting a virtual drive. I've tried quite a few tools (Alcohol, Virtual CloneDrive, etc etc) but none of them worked. What saved the day (unsurprisingly) is Daemon Tools Lite. Install it (careful with the adware!) and when adding a new drive select your ISO and click the menu under "virtual drive", it'll allow you to select the drive type. Select IDE, mount the image and bam, the converter will actually recognize the drive.

As for how well the converter actually works I have no idea. I found one, maybe two topics on Roland Clan and one of them didn't really paint it in a good light - although it was quite an old topic so maybe they updated the converter after that. Still waiting for my CF adapter to arrive so I can't test it yet. If anyone has a better way to translate s7xx patches to the Fantom-X please post it below.