Roland Soundcloud EXZ on the XR?

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Credo

Roland Soundcloud EXZ on the XR?

Post by Credo »

Apologies if I should have posted this on the Soundcloud board instead but I figure XR owners might know better.

I own a Fantom XR that I like to use in simple 'live-gig' setups because it's super stable and very easy to use (laptop is flimsy, has more setup/teardown steps, and is way overkill for many situations).

I am having a look at Roland Soundcloud and contemplating if I want to keep it, and what level (basic, pro, ultimate) to join if I do.

I'm curious if there might be a way to get the EXZ expansion packs working on an XR. Obviously the XR isn't specifically listed as a supported model, but I ask since in the past many things listed for the other Fantom models and/or the S would work on this thing provided one knows where to put the files.

I'm reluctant to plug a CF card in with such a file on the root directory as I'd hate to brick the thing.

I wouldn't mind getting BrassEns on the XR. Used SRX boards with these wave-sets tend to cost enough to consider buying the ZENology and/or SRX-10 plugins or PC outright (Or doing Ultimate soundcloud subscription) instead; then, building a MINI Music PC and specializing it for remote control with minimal screen real estate.

I suppose I could also join Soundcloud, and just 'resample' things I want for the XR bit by bit over time. Lotta work though...and sometimes improvising on stage is when I find the best combos of sounds.