Fantom XR: load samples into TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder via card reader

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
vsyn7425

Fantom XR: load samples into TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder via card reader

Post by vsyn7425 »

On the Fantom XR is it possible to import audio files directly into the TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder using a card reader/writer. This would be so much easier than changing the system setting to Storage Mode and then back to Midi Mode again when finished.
Andy Keys

Re: Fantom XR: load samples into TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder via card reader

Post by Andy Keys »

Yes. See OM p.150.
You can still download it from Roland.com if you don't have a copy.
vsyn7425

Post by vsyn7425 »

Hi Andy. Thanks for your reply but I think you may have misunderstood my question. On page 150 of the manual it explains how to load audio files via a USB connection to the XR in Storage Mode but I was really meaning can the audio files destined for the TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder be transferred by loading the CF card in a USB card reader and copy them directly into the correct folder.

Anyway I thought I'd try it out and it seems to work. So now I just take the CF card from the PCMCIA card adaptor in the XR and place the CF card into my card reader and copy the audio files directly into the TMP\AUDIO_IMPORT folder. This is much easier than having to enter USB Storage Mode, load the audio files then exit the Storage mode. However the above only works when loading audio files into the Card area. To load audio files into the User area the USB connection between the XR and computer has to be used.
pianoman41

Post by pianoman41 »

Yes, you can absolutely do it that way (as you have found out) on a Windows machine. I used to move samples around all the time doing that and also moved songs back and forth as well.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Apologies, I did misread your original post! Glad you've discovered the easy way of transferring songs and samples. :)