Issue connecting my Fantom and Editor/Librarian PC software

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
EmulatorII

Issue connecting my Fantom and Editor/Librarian PC software

Post by EmulatorII »

I've owned my Fantom X6 for a couple of years now and been able to back-up its user area to my PC using the dedicated editor & librarian software (version 2.10). However, I connected everything yesterday and was unable to transfer the Fantom's user patches and performances to the librarian as I received error dialogues to say that it wasn't connected properly.

I use an M-Audio USB - MIDI interface thing which usually works well with the Fantom and my other synths so thought it might be a driver issue. I checked the drivers and my Fantom to see if anything had changed. I hadn't changed any settings but tried a few things to no avail. A forum user suggested uninstalling the drivers and the librarian/editor so I did this and then tried to reinstall them but it wouldn't install. My PC runs Windows 11 and the drivers are configured for ancient systems such as Win 98 and XP.

I don't intend to do a lot of editing and tweaking using the editor but would welcome a functioning librarian so that I can back up my Fantom occasionally!