Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
howardS

Re: Fantom-X 2.0 live sound switching tutorial

Post by howardS »

No worries. Glad you have it now.
plisken_

Post by plisken_ »

hmm I dont know if anyones come across this problem but for some reason I cant get the D Beam to switch up to the next pad after 5. It goes from 1 to 5 no problem but 5 to 6 it wont. Nether will 6 to 7 , 7 to 8 , etc. Anything after 5 the pad trigger of the D beam will not trigger the next pad. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
CJ

Post by CJ »

Hi

I have a question about using Lazeeboy's RPS live soundset switch method, but then combined with also using the pads for a continous drumloop while switching other pads.

Maybe it is better if I put the link here, because the subject suits more over here I guess:

So if anyone could help me, pleeaaaaseeee (almost getting frustrated by trying so many different options etc.) I would be thankful ! Here is the link to my subject:

http://forums.rolandclan.com/?action=show_thread&thread...

CJ
eamusik2008

Post by eamusik2008 »

Wow Excellent Thread and I love how you write down everything and keep use this forum as a musical diary lol

I just had 2 questions on this brilliant idea. I use my fantom at least 90 percent of the time live with no previous knowledge of which sounds I am going to use. Everything is played spontaneously and improvised. I saw this post a couple of months ago and tried it and fell in love with it but I simply couldn't go through the long process, since I just got the keyboard. But now I am ready to give it another try. One thing I never understood was the effect. I can assign all the sounds to the pad, but I have no Idea how to assign the real patch effects to each one. If someone can elaborate on this I would greatly appreciate this.

THANKS
skyy19851

Post by skyy19851 »

Hey Lazeeboy
how are u? thanks for ur work its very helpful, I was wondering if you know of a sysex command to trigger the rhythm start/stop or the pedal wut i want is to insert rhythm start/stop at the end of the pattern sequence to get it to start exactly wen needed instead of me doing it manually.
jdreff

Post by jdreff »

Can anyone direct me to instructions or a tutorial on how to assign (program) favorite patches to the Function keys for quick switching? My church has had the X8 for a few years but no one knows how to really use the keyboard properly. Any help will be deeply appreciated and will be a true blessing. Thanks in advance.
jdreff

Post by jdreff »

Oh, and I have no idea what RPS is.