Sonic State Video Juno Stage

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Sonic State Video Juno Stage

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks for the link, Tim! Very good demo, and John is an amazing guy - met him at this year's Messe, and we OVERDOESED WITH DEUTSCHE BIER with him ;-)))
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

He mentions that the software editor is the Sonic Cell editor, so that would indicate that the sound engine is that of the Sonic Cell. Whatever. It sounds quite good and fits my needs on a bunch of different levels.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

OK, now that was very interesting. I hope whoever gets a Stage will do a librarian dump of the patches and post them for us Sonic Cell users. I imagine there will be a slew of new patches/performances we could use on our SC.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

In answer to another poster on another thread, it appears one of the features is longer keys - more like an 88 note keyboard. I never really considered this, but maybe it's true that synth-action keyboards have shorter keys than 88 note weighted-action keyboards. Anyway, the guy claims that this makes it nicer to play. Overall this is looking like a really strong package for me. My only disappointment continues to be only 2 1/4" output jacks. I hope the X-Bass waveform from the "B" bank of the Fantom-X wave Rom is present.
Wilmar

Audio interface?

Post by Wilmar »

Does the Juno Stage have the same audio interface features as the Sonic Cell? Or in other words, is the USB port on the back MIDI only or MIDI+Audio streaming.

If that's the case it's a very nice keyboard to use with my iBook to play on stage and write songs whereever I am.
tompabes

Post by tompabes »

Longer keys? LOL! Let's say that the key are just normal size, as it was the Juno-G that had shorter keys! :)

Note how this is the first thing he says about the Juno Stage: that it has longer keys, and he deliberately compares it with the Juno-G.

IMHO this means that at Roland they are perfectly aware of the critics that the J-G keyboard has received about its short keys.

What makes me a bit angry is the fact that he sort of justifies the short Juno-G keys by saying that the Juno-G is a workstation and it's good for music production... mmmh... that's not what they said in the manual! :)
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

No audio interface. But it has a vocoder- so it makes me wonder- is there a way to make a vocoder with the Sonic Cell.
The other thing is the built in rhythms- not on the Sonic Cell.
Really- the only thing it has that the Sonic Cell has is 2 SRX slots and the Sonic Cell editor (which I really think was just a mistake- he must have meant to say Juno Stage editor).
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it is a live performance keyboard wrapped around the guts of a Sonic Cell.