USB or Laptop?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
DaBaz

USB or Laptop?

Post by DaBaz »

Hi All, as being new in this forum...pls be gentle!
I too have my eyes set on grabbing the JunoStage when it becomes available..so I'm digesting the owners' manual for more info. My current band (trio) is heavy into midi sequencing using CakeWalk Sonar and have been adding digital audio along side such as backup vocals or other analog instruments...which can become pretty large in size. My query is this...if I hook up my laptop to the keyboard's USB port, would that allow me access to the Song Player side? Methinks the largest ThumbDrive size is 4GB...I can easily fill that with a few wav formatted songs. Can't see myself using mp3's as my backing tracks...it's too compressed!
javaj_

Re: USB or Laptop?

Post by javaj_ »

So you basically are hoping that the Juno-Stage will see your laptop as one gigantic USB drive- nope, it won't do that. You could run you songs via wave through an MP3 player but then you are not using the Song Player feature. I believe the JS will be hot-pluggable so you could get a variety of keys and load different sets on each one. But in the end, it sounds like you will just need to run your songs through your laptop.