imminent shipping?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
wmmhicks

imminent shipping?

Post by wmmhicks »

Sweetwater claims Roland has product shipping to them and to have availability within "a day or two". Any other signs? Most other retailers are now saying 10-10-2008 availability. I still think it's safer to wait for "version 1.1"
raccoon

Re: imminent shipping?

Post by raccoon »

speaking of safer, the X6 is $1,495 and the X7 is $1,695 at musician's friend
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

Amazingly, I only paid $300 more for my X7 three years ago ... (you'd think the price would have dropped more ... but let's face it ... other than the slow USB 1.0, what's uncurrent about Fan-X?)

While I'd much rather have an X7 with SRX cards than JUNO-ASTAGE ... out-of-the-box, the Juno-Stage will probably have a somewhat better soundset ... and you still can add an SRX ... (unlike stoopid Fantom-G) ...

the big question is the keybed ... no aftertouch is a loss ... but since we're on a Roland forum I'll confess for me the aftertouch on the X7 is somewhat unusable due to the extreme force you need to activate it ... however, I DO use it ... though it works better if you're not trying to use it rapidly or frequently ... I guess it's better than the opposite, which would be too, too light ... which my Alesis Fusion ALMOST suffers from ... but in the end probably would prefer than the Fan-X's afterouch, but I wouldn't trade the overall keybed for anything since I like Fantom/V-Synth semi-weighted the best ... (though Fusion is good too ... )

of course, JUNO-ASSTAGE will be somewhat lighter and less expensive ... and you could argue it has a better stage presence even if the materials might be cheaper ...

... also some may consider usage of the JUNO name a bit bogus since the real Junos were DCO analogs and not a ROMpler ... an early 80s style is fine ... but aping the Juno style on something that doesn't have lots of physical controllers and isn't a "real" synthesizer is stupd IMO ... but that's pretty unimportant 'cause it kind of looks cool anyway ... Too bad it couldn't have kept Juno-G non-flashy MIDI/audio track recorder but that might have cut significantly into the Fantom-G's already, I'm guessing, relatively small number of sales ...

Can I say it here first? Has the Fantom-G jumped the shark for the Fantom line ... ???

Good luck!
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Sweetwater: "It's Arriving Soon!
We've confirmed this item has shipped from Roland and should arrive in our warehouse within a day or two. Please call and place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Roland. Call now. We promise you'll have it soon."

I trust them pretty much. Last week this same box said "unusually long delay". So they seem to be updating these delivery times on a daily basis.

This is good news. I can't wait to try one out in person.
wmmhicks

safer mature product

Post by wmmhicks »

tnx raccoon for the tip; I ordered the X7 instead because of its well matured operating system and, mainly, blowout price, and because I wanted a platform that would accept SRX cards.