Any More Juno Stage Sightings?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
2TIM316

Any More Juno Stage Sightings?

Post by 2TIM316 »

Aside from the sighting in Pittsburgh, is anyone else seeing these in stores? My GC (west coast) said this week, but they are historically about as honest as the used car dealers north of town. Sweetwater's site says "week of 10/05". I figure they'll be among the first to get 'em, so probably the GC info I got was their typical bull.
mrcpro

Re: Any More Juno Stage Sightings?

Post by mrcpro »

I saw one at the GC Clakamas (a suburb of Portland OR) earlier this week. I was actually in there auditioning digital pianos, but after noticing it in the synth room I went in and gave it a look.

The keybed was identical to the Fantom G6 next to it. Same keys, same little weights glued to the undersides. No aftertouch though. This is a nice keybed overall and a big step up from the Juno G.

I wiggled the knobs. Two of them immediately began to self-edit.

I walked away without even playing a note.

After my experience with my Fantom S I'm not going through this one again. They just get worse over time and ultimately make the synth unplayable.

The knobs on my 25 year old Jupiter 6 still work fine. The knobs on my Motif ES7 are rock solid. Roland should remember how they used to do it or go back to sliders if they can't figure out how to install trouble-free knobs today.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Thx for the update. Roland has been "cheapening" their instruments for a number of years. I never think of that when succumbing to the marketing hype. But when I finally get to play one in person I always notice that. The new Juno line (forget the name of the first one, the G, and now the Stage) I think all are subject to Roland's "make it cheap and lightweight" strategy. I'm all for those, but if they cross the line into "unreliable", then as a working pro, I'm out. BTW, the Motif XS is still on my short list as a gigging instrument. But I look forward to checking out the J Stage. It'll probably be between those two. The Fantom-G 61 just looks too awkward. The display dwarfs the rest of the keyboard. It doesn't look like a musical instrument to me. The 76 is too expensive for the 15 extra keys, and the 88 is weight prohibitive. Too bad, 'cause they sound great and have great features.

Also, the "silver" look is getting really long in the tooth, IMO. The Motif XS is more of a muted green. Personally I prefer straight black. Always works on a gig. How stupid looking are these R&B singers' bands who come on Leno with like 3 keyboard players each surrounded with 4 to 6 silver keyboards?
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

How stupid looking are these R&B singers' bands who come on Leno with like 3 keyboard players each surrounded with 4 to 6 silver keyboards?

pretty stupid, agreed. they certainly don't need all that power for they do (hold chords, pads, etc.) kind of like all the people complaining about the lack of features on a particular keyboard or workstation. one may read some of these posts and think they are from musical prodigies pushing their equipment to the limits. please...

speaking of strange stage gear, goo goo dolls keyboardist's setup consists of 2 fantom x7's one on top of another
japanese band janne da arc has between 4 and 6 boards on stage at a time and every one of them is a motif es7

p.s. a black fantom x would look nice!