Juno Delivery

Forum for JUNO STAGE
DaBaz

Juno Delivery

Post by DaBaz »

Hello All, not to be vane nor conceited but, my Sales Engineer at Sweetwater have sent me an email about my JS being SHIPPED. Of course once it's received, I will render my thoughts on it. Mind you, the main reason for the JS is merely as a backup to my RainRecording Laptop that I use for "live performance" backing midi and audio tracks. If the JS works out like I think it would, I may be inclined to "park" the laptop for displaying lyrics or music charts only. Stay tuned!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Juno Delivery

Post by Artemiy »

You know what's funny? I am planning a few short gigs when I'll play a keyboard on top of a few backing tracks, and I thought I'd need to take my R-1 recorder to play them and then a mixer to mix that with the keyboard... Now I though, heck, the Juno Stage is just the right keyboard for this task!

Congratulations on your purchase, by the way - and welcome to the Roland Clan!
DaBaz

Post by DaBaz »

Thanks for the salutations Artemiy, yep...I'll do anything to minimize my gig load...hehe...
Deuce

Mine is coming from AMS

Post by Deuce »

. . . and it shows as "picking" this morning. Hope to have it ready to go for a gig on the 17th - maybe use it at church before that.

(now in route via UPS due for delivery Monday the 6th)
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

And there's one less Juno Stage out there, thanks to UPS deciding to use mine as a pinata for their office party this weekend (well, that's what it looked like when they tried to deliver). AMS was really good about it and are sending a new one 2nd day (and double boxed). I'm still grumpy about it, but as long as I have it by Thursday, I'll be OK. Any later and it will be hard to choose sounds for songs before band rehearsal on Saturday afternoon.
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

I've had that happen before, there's nothing like that feeling of seeing the demolished box for the first time :-(

Glad they've worked it out for you, though.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Well, it's finally here! (a non-smashed one that is) I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I think the navigation is going to take some getting used to - right now I think my Korg X-50 seems to do that better with category based menus, but once I start building up a favorites list I don't think that will be an issue.
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

The Juno has category based menus as well, on big accessible buttons right beneath the display screen. Make sure you hit the enter/list button, and you'll see them. Also be aware that you can navigate to different pages within each category with the left and right arrow keys.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Yeah, took me a while to find the pages in that.

Right now I'm really focused on getting sounds found for about 30 to 35 songs for a gig Friday night and getting them written into the User patch and performance areas (so I can use that spiffy FS-6 I went and bought).
luke

VOCODER CHALLENGE

Post by luke »

Hi guys!

Those of you that already have a juno stage, could any of you please copy the three vocoder patches to user memory, and use the editor to save them to the computer, save the three vocoder performances too, and export them as a file? Or separate files for patches/performances?

I would like to dig into those and find out what they are capable of and if I can load them elsewhere, before I go for the juno stage.

Thanks a bunch!