First 24 hrs with Juno Stage

Forum for JUNO STAGE
donutninja

First 24 hrs with Juno Stage

Post by donutninja »

Spent about four hours tonight with the Juno setting up performances and just exploring the patches, and so far it's exceeding my expectations.

I had a few troubles with the effects routing in performance mode, but it looks like that question has been addressed on the Juno G, and I found the answer on the forum.

The patches sound fantastic, the keys feel great, and I can't wait to dig deeper into the board. I've owned a Juno G and a Fantom X, and this is exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be setting up some pretty complicated performances in the next few weeks for an 80's cover band, and will be using it on stage very soon, so I'll keep you updated on how it goes.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: First 24 hrs with Juno Stage

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks for sharing your sentiments! Could you also please tell me if you tried the Librarian software already? Which format does it save in?
michael japan

juno stage questions

Post by michael japan »

noobie here. I'm michael japan from the sonar forum--first time in these parts. I would love to give someone a call with some questions about the juno stage. I have had it since day one here in japan which was a couple of months or so back. Have set up different performances, favorites but feel there must be a better way. Would also really appreciate a hard copy of the manual in English--could hit you with paypal for buying and shipping to me here or send me to a place online where I can get one.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Michael, you can download the English manual here:
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... iCncd=4808
michael japan

Post by michael japan »

Thanks for the reply. I have the PDF English manual--I want a hard copy.

Michael
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You can use a brochure service in a print agency, it will be much faster than waiting for someone to sell their copy.
michael japan

Post by michael japan »

I wasn't suggesting someone to sell me their copy. I was wondering since you are in the USA you might know where to buy one. I guess I can check with Roland. And I guess I could look into your suggestion about printing, but the price of those types of things are very expensive in Japan. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Michael
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi Michael,

Try the spares department of your local roland office.

Or try spares@roland.co.uk. I don't know how much the postage is likely to be from the UK, though.

Regards
Andy
Myspace: Andy Keys and Firegarden
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

Art,

I haven't tried the Librarian software yet, but I looked in the manual, and it seems you can import/export SMF data, or save as a .jel file. Is that the info you were looking for?

I briefly tried the editor tonight, and it REALLY makes performance editing much easier. I still haven't worked out all of the effects routing in performance mode, however. I may just write down the effects routing from the patch, then try to recreate it manually in perf mode. But then you have to divide the three MFX processors accordingly, and choose a correct structure...there must be an efficient or automated way to do that.

Liking the keyboard more every day!
luke

librarian

Post by luke »

hello donutninja.

Could you please spend a minute and check if it is possible to load XV library (or other library) patches into the JunoStage just like it was possible with the JunoG? This is kind of crucial for some of us, especially those who might want to switch from G to Stage. The software seems to be the same, some patches seem to be the same, but you can never be sure enough, can you..

XV library:
http://www.rolandclan.info/media/materi ... ntom-X.zip

Thanks a bunch!
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

Not sure about the XV patches, I'll try it out after this Thursday (I have a ton of performances to set up before then, so I'm on a time crunch). I remember loading those patches on the G, and I have to say that the onboard sounds on the Stage are much better than any of the JV stuff, unless you had something specific you really liked. I'm also very impressed with the manual and the editing software, they're both fantastic and very easy to use.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Since the JS is almost a Sonic Cell- maybe try the XV collection Art has posted in the Sonic Cell files area first- the XV version from the X does NOT work with the Sonic Cell- so I bet it won't work with the JS (since it is a tweaked Sonic Cell).
stroumf83

Use with software sequencer

Post by stroumf83 »

Can I use all the sounds to create songs with a software sequencer (sonar, cubase) or only the general midi sounds?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

stroumf83, you can use any of the Juno's sounds with a sequencer. Gereral MIDI is just for MIDI file playback compatibility, nothing more.
stroumf83

Post by stroumf83 »

thank you Artemiy!