No Copy-Function for Parts or Effects

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Candy

No Copy-Function for Parts or Effects

Post by Candy »

Since a few days i am owner of a Juno-Stage. I noticed, that there is no function to copy parts in a Performance (e.g. you want the same settings for each part - pitch etc- , only patch is another) or copy Effects from one patch to another. Or have I overlooked something?

Greetings
Candy
PauloF

Re: No Copy-Function for Parts or Effects

Post by PauloF »

You can write the performance to a different Performance location and change only the relevant patch and write it again.

Take care
PauloF
Candy

Post by Candy »

but it´s not that, what I mean. In XP-80 e.g. you had the possibility, to copy parts in one performance from one place to another (Number 1 to number 3 or number 2 to number 5). A part is a container within a performance, to carry different patches. The way, how these patches are handeled, you can set in a part. And sometimes it is necessarily, to have the same partsettings on several parts. I try to explain it with a very simple example: I play an organ sound in C major. Because I will not play it in D major, I transpose the next part, which contains the same settings, as the first part, two steps above. So I can continue playing C major, while the STAGE is playing D major (I know, it is a very very simple example. I don´t want to change the key with the transpose-funkction but want to have it programmed in a performance). - To do this, it must be simply possible, to copy one part to another place in the same performance...

Sorry, but I´m coming from Germany, my English ist not the very best *smile*

Candy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but even though, I don't think I did...

From your response it seems that you were looking for a kind of patch or tone copy function, like in V-Synth's. And in fact, a similar function also exists in the Juno-Stage. See Owner's Manual pages 96,97.

From your example you want to copy parts of one performance to another and have the 2nd trasposed compared to the 1st one, without transposing the whole instrument ? If that is the case, I think I understood you well in the first place.

In fact the process I described was the one I use on my X, but using the tone copy function that exists on the JS, you should be able to do just that, but more easily.

Take care
PauloF

That's nothing wrong with your English ;-)
Candy

Post by Candy »

"From your response it seems that you were looking for a kind of patch or tone copy function, like in V-Synth's. And in fact, a similar function also exists in the Juno-Stage. See Owner's Manual pages 96,97. "

No, I´m not looking for a kind of patch or tone copy function, because this exists ! I´m looking for a similar function for parts and effects (see heading) !

Candy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

"No, I´m not looking for a kind of patch or tone copy function, because this exists ! I´m looking for a similar function for parts and effects (see heading) ! "

You're right, you are not after tone/Patch copy function, but parts and effects in a performance. My mistake.

However if you the following:
" You can write the performance to a different Performance location and change only the relevant patch and write it again "

Does what you want ?

I know, I know, it's a workaround...

Please advise
Thanks
PauloF
Candy

Post by Candy »

I found something out: Parts can very probably be copied. Not in the instrument, but with the Juno-Stage PC-Editor. How the effects are merged and whether simple copying is possible also here, I try to find still out, since the effect integration is different, as in my older Roland devices (XP-80).

Greetz
Candy