Can Juno Stage Editor read Fantom G's Livesets?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
timovv

Can Juno Stage Editor read Fantom G's Livesets?

Post by timovv »

Does anybody know if It would be possible to load Live sets that where made with te Fantom G into the Juno G editor?
This would be a really cool feature for me. I really like the Juno Stage keys (better than the G7 keys).

I don't think that it's possible to do what I suggested above, but I just wanna be sure.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Can Juno Stage Editor read Fantom G's Livesets?

Post by Artemiy »

No, this is not possible, mainly since they have different sound engines and different internal waveforms.
luke

copying patches, etc. (JunoG/fantomX vs. JunoStage)

Post by luke »

I already made a research about loading the X/Juno G patches. Now that I have both the Stage and G at home and I can compare them, I found, that it uses A LOT of X/JunoG patches. That means same waveforms (I am not saying they're the same, of course the JunoStage has more of them), same effect setting (because there is the same effects set on both machines), same everything, and so far I was actually able to reproduce some performances (you might know the burning lead for example) exactly as on the Juno-G just by reading its settings and editor information, and adjusting the Juno-Stage.

Of course under these circumstances it would have been reasonable to use the editors and save patches/performances from one machine and load them into the other. Doesn't work. Their files aren't compatible, their editors aren't compatible, their librarians aren't compatible. NOTE: I haven't used the midi message to change the sound.

To conclude - you are able to copy patches from junoG in the exact form to the JunoStage, but instead of 4 mouse clicks, it takes 1-2 hours to read every parameter and setting and set it on the Juno-Stage (or their editors, respectively). THANKS ROLAND FOR BEING VERY HELPFUL, appreciate that.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

The Juno-Stage is basically a keyboard version of the Sonic Cell- plus a vocoder and some GW extras- still the SC engine.
Tatu

Burning lead

Post by Tatu »

Hi, can you mail or upload the burning lead you made for Juno-Stage somewhere? I have heard about that sound few times before so it must sound awesome. Post here if you want my e-mail address. Thank you in advance =)
luke

burning lead

Post by luke »

Yes I can. When I get home in a few days, that is.

It is basically an electric guitar with some distortion and feedback, and it is pretty close to a real one. Adjusting the FX can shape it little more the way you like. But there is a small catch, I could only reproduce it to 90%, because there is one waveform missing that was working well with the Phaser effect and creating better feedback. I'll see what can be done and I will get back to you.

I am planning to recreate some more sounds I liked on the JunoG, so it would be cool if anyone else would share their work as well.
Tatu

Post by Tatu »

Nice. You can attach files in the forum right? So maybe it would be best to upload it here. I'll look forward to playing with burning lead :)