Part switching, also velocity Problem

Forum for JUNO STAGE
herby_a

Part switching, also velocity Problem

Post by herby_a »

Hello.
I'm a new Roland user and own a Juno stage.
My first problem was with key velocity. The A6 sounded louder than any other key.
I read about similar Problems here and returned the key wich was quickly exchanged.
Now I have the problem - and I don't know if it's my problem or the problem of the device -
that the keyboard-sound of the part I'm on (the one that's written beneath "knob" on the display)
is always sounding, no matter how the part switches are switched.
Is this normal or is there a way to change this setting ? Because if I'm switching performances
and part1 is switched off it sounds nevertheless.

Greetings,
Stefan.
Candy

Re: Part switching, also velocity Problem

Post by Candy »

It is normal, that the part, you were on is sounding. Also it is normal, that, when you switch to another performance, Part 1 ist shown and sounding. The other parts only, when the keyboard switch for this part is set to "on".
I have a song, which beginns with piano, later there will be strings and piano. so I programmed a piano to part 1 and set the KBD-Switch to "on". When I change now in the song to part 2 (where are the strings), part 1 continues sounding and I can play both instruments together. When I want only change the sound from piano to strings within a performance, I have to set the Keyboard Switch for Part 1 to "off".
Song begins with Part 1 after switching to this performance, Part 1 is sounding (my Piano). Then I want to change to strings, so I switch to Part 2 in the same Performance. Piano now will grow silent and I will hear the string-sound.
Programming Performances in the Juno-Stage requires previous structuring and exact consideration, which sound within a (Live-) performance you wanna play at which time and in which sequence. It is a little mathematics.

Greetz
Candy