SMF Playback - all piano!

Forum for JUNO STAGE
ocirred

SMF Playback - all piano!

Post by ocirred »

I am having issues playing back SMF sequences using the song player.

I make a sequence in Cubase, and then export it as a SMF, then put it on a USB drive, and then play it back on the Juno-Stage. The file plays back, HOWEVER, all the sounds play back as a piano sound (except for channel 10 of course). I have it in Performance mode, with a custom performance set up for the sounds I want.

Just to rule a few things... I've tried saving both as Type 0 and Type 1 SMFs, I get the same result. Also, when I've imported the same MIDI files into over software sequencers (like Sonar), it's recognized the different MIDI channels.

I really need help, playing back sequences is the primary reason I bought the Junno-Stage. Thanks!
Candy

Re: SMF Playback - all piano!

Post by Candy »

Did you put in the Program-Changes in the beginning of the different tracks ?

Candy
ocirred

Post by ocirred »

I did not put program changes in the beginning of the different tracks, but that makes sense, I'll try that. I didn't think you'd have to as long as you had the right sounds assigned to the right channels. Thanks!
w5sno

Post by w5sno »

You have to be in GM2 template in the performance, #33
I think it is. Have the Stage setup when it comes on, that you have this saved in the first performance mode number or just remember to go into performance #33
LogicSong

Post by LogicSong »

Does adding the program changes solve this problem? It's as if the JS has a separate sound engine for playing standard midi files... I use the GM2 Template but it still only plays default piano on each track.... I don't get it?