EFX and the perf editor

Forum for JUNO STAGE
miden

EFX and the perf editor

Post by miden »

I am having some trouble in getting the editor to load the MFX setting from a patch.

In the manual it says that when you select the output in a performance for a part, if it is set to PAT it uses the MFX settings from the patch selected.

However when I do this in the editor and select say, one of the overdrive guitars, the signal is always clean and recalling the patch does NOT change the MFX settings at all?

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it something I am not switching or missing here?

The way the manual reads, is that if you select PAT as the output it AUTOMATICALLY recalls the MFX data for the patch??? But I cannot see this happening.

Thanks
Dennis
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: EFX and the perf editor

Post by Artemiy »

No, this is not the way it's done. Settings the output to PAT only gets //effect routing and send levels// from the patch, but not the MFX settings. What you need is described on p. 9 of the Juno-G micro manual.
miden

Post by miden »

Thanks Art, I will look at that link.

Dennis
miden

Post by miden »

Sorry Art, I read that and that is not what I need.

Those parts are ALREADY set to output via MFX because that's how I set up that particular performance in the Editor. (I also tried having them set as PAT as well), saving both to a user perf on the Stage via the PC editor.

Further, that relates to editing ON the Juno G itself, and not via the PC editor. Which only comes with an 8 page manual, which is about as useless as tits on a bull

What I am talking about is after this has been done.

The MFX window at the top of the edit page MIXER, does not change, either MFX 1 2 or 3, when I select new patches that I know have MFX. It just stays with whatever is in the window.

There MUST be an easier way to load patches with effects intact into a performance WITHOUT having to write down on a piece of paper what the MFX settings are for a patch and then painstakingly re-create them in the MFX settings within the performance.

And this is how I read the manual (page 141 and page 40), that if you selected PAT as the output, it used the MFX settings already assigned to the patch, and imported them to teh performance.

Dennis
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

As I said earlier, setting the output mode to PAT loads the effect send levels from the patch, but NOT the settings for the processor types and parameters.
miden

Post by miden »

Okay, I had another bit of a fiddle with this , and the effects routing page of the editor is where it all happens.

Thanks again Art for your help, it got me looking in the right areas.

Dennis
miden

Post by miden »

Also, I was wondering, if I save a setup in the editor, can this then be embedded in an existing SMF file, and existing song for example, so that when that SMF is recalled it also recalls all the performance settings?

And what form does this take? Is it SYSEX data?

Thanks

Dennis
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, you can dump it into an SMF from the editor (the data will be in SysEx), and use this SMF in software like Logic/Cubase/Sonar to set up your Juno Stage at the beginning of the song.
miden

Post by miden »

Thanks
Sushil99

Post by Sushil99 »

Hlww i want xv 5080 syex file