Keyboard VELOCITY question

Forum for JUNO STAGE
SonnyDaye

Keyboard VELOCITY question

Post by SonnyDaye »

Loving the Juno-Stage. Luckily there are a couple of Organ patches that are Velocity Sensitive. I'm a Piano player with "volume chops" in my fingers rather than in a Volume Pedal. Now I'm trying to adjust the velocity of some of the other organ patches (that are NOT velocity sensitive) and MAKE them "keyboard velocity sensitive". Experimenting with some of the Parameters (like Velocity Range) and can't seem to get any velocity variance in the patch. Can someone tell me WHICH parameter I need to change to stop the patch from playing at a fixed volume no matter HOW hard I hit the key? Would be most appreciated and would make this keyboard the dream machine I'm hoping it to be. THANKS!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard VELOCITY question

Post by Artemiy »

No, velocity range is for making a tone only sound only in a certain velocity range. What you need is TVA velocity sensitivity (TVA page), Cutoff velocity sens and Resonance velocity sensitivity (TVF page). Plus, you can use the CTRL pages to assign velocity to pretty much any other patch parameter.
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

Thanks Artemiy!
You have me going in the right direction now. I'm having some luck, but it gets complicated the way everything interacts - I've got my work cut out for me.
BTW, I can't seem to find the CTRL pages with those parameters you're talking about. Could you please tell me how to navigate to the CTRL pages you are referring to?
Thanks!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I haven't worked with the Stage yet, but how it's done on it's brother synths is you go to the patch edit mode, then select "pro edit" mode, and scroll down the screens till you see CTRL1, CTRL2, ... tabs on the left.