patch stops playing

Forum for JUNO STAGE
orcan

patch stops playing

Post by orcan »

Hi there. I have my Juno Stage for 3 days and I'm probably going to send it back to my seller. The main reason is that it's just impossible to play one patch (synth pad), then push the HOLD Foot Pedal (which makes the sound to continue playing without playing the keys). Then I'd like to select another patch and start to play a melody... But the first patch just stops playing. I've tried this with Performance mode also, but with the same result. I have also tried to change settings in Menu>System, but all i get is that I can change patches without stop playing the previous patch, but the sound stops playing for a while, what is a total crap during a live performance!!! My old Yamaha PSR can do this perfectly. Juno Stage has many perfect functions, but I just want basic things to work fine and layering sounds is one of them....
Sydeffekt

patch stops playing

Post by Sydeffekt »

I got the exact same problem. i really hope that there is a way to fix this problem though else i dunno what im gonna do at gigs
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: patch stops playing

Post by Artemiy »

Are you in patch mode? If so, you are on the same MIDI channel when you switch sounds, this means the hold pedal may get reset when you switch sounds. You have to be in performance mode where you have 16 parts, and when you need another sound, you switch to another patch, and if you were holding the pedal, the previous part will keep sounding until you depress the pedal.
Sydeffekt

patch still stops playing after i switch to performance

Post by Sydeffekt »

ok so it turns out i was trying to go from a sound in patch mode to a sound in performance mode but i changed that and made it from performance to performance and the problem is still there. you might be right about the midi channels but how can i specify which channel or channels the patch/ performance can use so that i can make the other patches/ performances use the remaining channels
Sydeffekt

Post by Sydeffekt »

Basically ive found out that the stage cant hold patches through. youll just have to get a patch pedal and switch very quickly :(
Candy

Post by Candy »

Problem is, that effects is a very important part of a sound. when you change the patch or performance, the effect stops, so that the whole sounde stops. there is a trick: I programmed my stage in the way, that I don´t change patches or performances, but I change only the Part within a performance. The effect continues and the sound will not be interuppted. Disadvantage is, that you MUST use the same effects for all parts within a performance and cannot change the effects for each part. And I don´t know, if it is possible, to change parts (not Patches or Performances) by Pedal.

It is a so large disadvantage of the STAGE, that also the favorite switches are actually useless, since you must always make between switching a break and not play without interruption further. I hope however that ROLAND considers in one of his future software updates and repairs this deficiency.

Candy

(This text was translated by a software-translator from German to English, hope you understand it !)
desertf8

switching patches in favorites mode

Post by desertf8 »

I've just recently purchased my Juno Stage. So am I to understand that it is not possible to switch from one favorites patch in a song to another favorites patch smoothly without completely losing the sound of the first patch? If this is true, how does one use the JS in a live performance situation?
dflores

Post by dflores »

It's impossible use the JS in a live performance situation with midis... it's a f$%&#@* joke!
:/
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Guys, you are trying to screw with a saw... It won't work, because it isn't supposed to work. So please stop complaining because your problems arise from not knowing what you should do.

Once again, here is how you should work, and this is how I do when I gig with JUNO keyboards, which never let me down:
- Set up the sounds you need for one song in a single performance
- Adjust all the levels and effects as you need
- Save the performance
- When playing live, use the cursor buttons in the mixer screen to switch between the parts; they will switch seamlessly and without any delays
desertf8

Post by desertf8 »

Thanks for the specific information, Artemiy. I will play around more with the performance features. I have had the keyboard for only a short time and am trying to learn it before an upcoming gig. You are right... I'm still not that familiar with the keyboard. Thanks for your help.
dflores

Post by dflores »

Thanks for your reply Artemy. But how can I change the parts (in the mixer screen) fastly from part 1 to part 14 and using 2 layers for each sound, for exemple?
volante

Post by volante »

Is that true that JS takes 1 second while switching between patches?
Does it happen *only* in "favorite mode"?
norb

Post by norb »

Artemiy,

Thank you for your input, but the procedure stated sounds like a work-around for qucik patch selection due to a major coneptual user interface design flaw.

Do I have to go to the list to switch parts in the performance, or can I use my BOSS dual pedal switch to increment up and down in it?

Norb
Geron

Post by Geron »

It is correct Artemiy
It is the only way to play on JS without sound interrupt.

BUT. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SWITCH PARTS WITH PEDAL OR FAVORITE BANKS..... The only way to manage parts is 2 SWITCH BUTTONS and small "" buttons. And it is still difficult to play "on stage" with this instrument.
norb

Post by norb »

Artemiy, are you out there?

Wanna buy my Stage?

Norb