2 Junos 2 faulty keyboards

Forum for JUNO STAGE
alexnice

Re: 2 Junos 2 faulty keyboards

Post by alexnice »

On the phone to Roland Uk today, They say once they get my machine they are going to get on the blower to Japan. From the amount of emails I sent them detailing previous purchases and returns they said giving me a replacement might not be the best possible option and even sugested getting my money back for the product. But I will keep you posted. Ive to hang on to the unit unill the 27th as I have things to do for uni with it untill then.
Canoehead

Post by Canoehead »

Hello All:

I too, have had similar problems with the keybed of my Juno. I spoke with a technician at the Roland service depot in Mississauga, Canada, who informed me that there was a "service bulletin" for this problem with the Juno and they would replace the faulty contacts at no price, even though the warranty was up! All I have to do is get the keyboard to them and supply the sales receipt.

My thanks to all of you who contacted Roland about this problem and brought it to their attention.

So, if you also have key contact problems, get in touch with Roland and mention the service bulletin.

Regards,
Gord
alexnice

Post by alexnice »

I got new contacts also, its working for just now but if it gubs up again I will be sure to quote the helpful reference you have given,

Thank you.
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

Glad to see that Roland has finally come to their senses and stopped turning their back on this problem. I had just about given up on trusting Roland as a quality company anymore.
By posting numerous complaints on this forum, I hope I've played some part in getting them to come to their senses.
I'm willing to give them another chance and start trusting them again.
Now to get to the unfortunate task of having to get it serviced.
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

Can we clear up some confusion here? I have had faulty keybed problems since the day it came out of the box. I lived with the problem because I couldn't afford to take the board out of service for any length of time. But now as more notes go bad, the keyboard has become useless to me.
So, I took the advice of "Canoehead" who posted, "I too, have had similar problems with the keybed of my Juno. I spoke with a technician at the Roland service depot in Mississauga, Canada, who informed me that there was a "service bulletin" for this problem with the Juno and they would replace the faulty contacts at no price, even though the warranty was up! All I have to do is get the keyboard to them and supply the sales receipt.
So, today I contacted my nearest Roland authorized service center in the Boston area. He was very helpful and took time to search for any "Service Bulletins" for the Juno-Stage. He called me back and said there WERE NONE...the only Service Bulletin he could find was for the Juno-D. Since this is a Juno-Stage forum, I assumed Conoehead and the others were talking about the JUNO-STAGE.
As some of you might recognize, I have posted many times that I am totally fed up dealing with the hoops you have to jump thru to get any info from Roland with their lack of support for this instrument (whether it is the lack of updates, lack of necessary recalls etc.). Can anyone verify that there is indeed a Service Bulletin for the Juno-Stage? Can anyone help me? Is there NOBODY from Roland that monitors these boards, like there is for other companies like Kurzweil, Casio etc.?