2 Junos 2 faulty keyboards

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Stuart Duncan

2 Junos 2 faulty keyboards

Post by Stuart Duncan »

I've just received my replacement Juno Stage after the first one was delivered with a fauly keyboard. I find that the second one also has a fauly keyboard.

The first fault was that the A below middle C played at almost full velocity no matter how hard or soft it was played.

The second unit has two keys that don't play at all. It's going back tomorrow.

I've always used Roland keyboards but this is making me think hard about whether I should accept a third unit or just get my money back.

Does anyone have experience of the Juno Stage having problems when being gigged as I'm not sure that a keyboard that can't stand the delivery knocks and bumps in a custom made box will take what me and my band are likely to do to it when out working?

Stuart
volante

Re: 2 Junos 2 faulty keyboards

Post by volante »

I think you're not so lucky with Juno, that's all...
Atziluth

Post by Atziluth »

Two Juno's and two faulty keyboards, this is hard.

Maybe the quality control was bad on this stock of Juno.

If you have still enough nerves go for the 3rd one.

Good luck.
synthroid

Post by synthroid »

Ouch.....I wouldn't blame you for losing faith. That was my biggest fear but all I could gather was that they had fixed it and the ones I had tried at stores, with the same problem you describe, were the old batch.

I think it's safe to say that any truly new Juno Stage you buy from middle of this past year on should be solid. I really work mine and I play heavy and it's been rock solid for a non-weighted keyboard. Frankly I've been surprised how much I like to play it now and I've spent my life playing acoustic pianos.

All the things I used to dread about lugging gear are changing now. And I feel I'm not sacrificing anything. If you could give it one more try you might find a solid one. They say "third times a charm"......it just might be. Don't know what country you are in but the bad batch theory might still apply depending on where you are.
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Could you define aproximately the serial numbers from which the keybeds can be reasonably considered safe?

Is there a way to see the production date from the serial number?
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Found out how to decode Roland serial numbers

http://members.cox.net/praisetek/Boss_Serial_Numbers.pdf
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Hi Synthroid, could you please tell me the serial number of your Juno Stage?
Nord72

Post by Nord72 »

Thanx mate for sharing this nice serial decoder.
cminor

Post by cminor »

maybe you should try another store.
maybe that store manager doesn't care about how employees are handling the merchandise through the warehouse.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Mine is just a few weeks old and I noticed something the first day. Now I've found the problem and I'm afraid mine is also faulty.
The last octave plays fine in quiet pieces but as the volume increases
many of the keys stop responding. Leaving blank parts in my playing. I'm going to have to take it back to the store.
I've spent the last few weeks making performances for many of the songs I do in my set. Can anyone tell me if these can all be stored onto a flash drive incase the store swaps or resets my keyboard. ?
Many thanks.
musicaldoc

Post by musicaldoc »

Rusty, which is your serial number?
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

I'm reading all these reports about faulty keybeds on the Juno_Stage. Sure wish I had seen these reports before I bought mine. Mine came out of the box with several faulty keys. They ship all these faulty keyboards and then give you only 90 days of labor warranty. It sure doesn't sound like a reputable company that caters to professionals to me. They used to make quality products. I've had many that lasted for many years. I guess times change. Sad! Any recommendations on a company that I can trust these days? I don't need problems with my keyboards on gigs. Thanks!
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

If you want to see how widespread and long-standing this faulty keybed problem is, read this thread:

http://forums.rolandclan.com/?action=show_thread&thread...

Appears to be the beginning of the end for Roland keyboards.
alexnice

Post by alexnice »

This might seem a bit stupid, well thats coz it is and I should have changed my rompler make ages ago. But the M50 and tr are tinny rubbish and for the money the sounds are good on the stage but the keybed is utter nonsense. Why is it so shallow I have large fingers and its a jarring experience to play. And yes I could get whatever that wee box is called. "sonic cell" but Id still need to buy a controller. I was one of the first to ever complain about this type of fault and Ive had it on every single roland stage I have had. Im on my 5th one now. No joke man. Bought My first december 08 or maybe september. But two maybe 3 different vendors later and an extended waranty later ive still got a keybed that is utter bollocks. The stage has excellent sounds but this recurring fault is extremely poor.

Alex Sakulin
alexnice

Post by alexnice »

If I was reading this I would say to myself. This guy is a ****!
But no man deserves such torment.

On my 5th keyboard. Tis the middle C that rings out like a mother and if i didnt have things to do it would have been sent back tomorrow arghh!

4th return was where the 3rd was faulty and had to be sent back to be repaired. the repair job was crap it took all the expressiveness out of the board and the keys would not give me the full range of samples.

Currently I am searching for my 3rd return where the unit was repaired as it was outside of the cooling off period.

2nd return

19 January 2009 12:06:26
Dear Mr

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the above item.

I will arrange for return labels to be emailed to you within the next 2 working days. Once you have received the labels you will need to print them out and then telephone on to arrange a convenient day to collect your unit.

Please only use the label that has been emailed to you. If you do not use the label provided you will be liable for any additional costs.

Please note that labels are emailed using an automated system directly from . If you have any problems retrieving your labels please contact the returns department on

The unit must be returned with the original box/internal packaging. Please make sure your returned item is sealed and well packed.

Please note if you are returning your item for a refund it can take 3 - 10 day to show back into your account depending on who you bank with.

Your returns number is If you need to chase your return please contact or telephone Monday to Friday between 9.30am to 5pm

Best regards

| Assistant Returns Manager

1st return

We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in theamount of £879.99 for your Order from . This refund is for the following item(s): Item: Roland Juno Stage synthesizerReason for refund: Customer return Your refund is being credited as follows: Have questions about our refund policy?Visit our Help section for more information: [url=http://--------------------------------------------------------------------------------]http://------------------------------------------------...[/url]

As you can see my problems go way back.
Your post at Roland Clan Forums was replied‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: 21 November 2008 07:54:30
To:

Dear xander keys, your post at Roland Clan Forums with subject "Juno stage Faulty Key bed. f above middle c" was replied. You can view this reply at: http://www.rolandclan.info/forums/?action=show_thread&t... Pheng 1.0 at http://www.rolandclan.info/forums/