assigning patches to midi channels

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Bill Abdo

assigning patches to midi channels

Post by Bill Abdo »

I would like to know if the Juno Stage can assign various patches to various midi channels. For example, I may want to make the horn channel sould like a particular horn patch and I may want to make the piano channel sound like a different piano. Help me out.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: assigning patches to midi channels

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, you can do this in PERFORM mode.
bortul

Post by bortul »

Hi Artemiy,
I'm a new user of Juno Stage (I had a Juno-G) and I have the same problems of Bill.
If I go in perform mode I can't change the midi associations between part and midi, so the part 1 will play only with the midi channel 1, the part 2 with the 2 and so on....

In the on board menu' I can activate or de-activate the part (ON/OFF) but I can't change the midi channel....

So where is this menu'? Where I wrong?

Thanks
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Hmm, but all 16 parts are automatically assigned to different MIDI channels (1-16, same as part numbers). You don't need to adjust them manually.
bortul

Post by bortul »

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I give you an example.
I need to do a performance with 3 patchs and I want to play it with 2 keyboards (master+stage).

Master transmit on channel 1 and stage on 2.
-Part 2 is on midi channel 2 and it's ok (I will play it with the Juno)
-I have to set Part 1 and 3 channel 1 to play them with the master

I think it's possible with the Juno Editor (Perform/Midi). Here I can assign to each part the same midi receiving channel if I need, but it's not a friendly solution...do you understand?

According to me there would have to be the same midi control on board (it would be enough to display the receiving channel instead of the flag ON/OFF) menù PERFORM/MIDI FILTER...

Please tell me there is a solution;-)