System menu -> keyboard velocity sens NOT saved!

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Erwin1234

System menu -> keyboard velocity sens NOT saved!

Post by Erwin1234 »

Strange, go to MENU->SYSTEM->KBD/CTRL and put Keyboard Velocity Sens on +63. Play an EP piano and you hear the clearer 'upper' patches quite well without having to bang the keyboard to pieces.

Now do a WRITE. Power down. Power up. Go to KBD/CTRL menu and notice the value +63 as expected. Play the keyboard. Now you can hear that you are NOT getting this value although it says so in the display. Now modify the value from 63 to 62 and there it is again!!

Bug or feature?

I usually play with the sens set to +30 but have to remember to cycle the value EVERY time I power up the keyboard.... also on gigs. Sigh..

This is with software 1.02.
Have to find the 1.03 to see if it was repaired.
Erwin1234

Re: System menu -> keyboard velocity sens NOT saved!

Post by Erwin1234 »

Just updated to 1.03 succesfully, did a complete re-initialization and reloaded my user data backup (worked .. pfeww) but.. the issue remains: the Keyboard Velocity Sens parameter in system menu is NOT effectuated on startup of the Juno Stage.

EDIT: by the way, could someone verify this for me on another Juno S? Thanks!
LeeRoi

Post by LeeRoi »

Just noticed this posting. Yes, I have exactly the same issue on my Juno Stage.
commando

Post by commando »

Artemy - have you managed to investigate this yet? My Stage behaves in this way, despite giving the impression that my new sensitivity level has been saved.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

commando, you sound like I have a warehouse of all Roland keyboards here at home :-) I don't have the Stage here, so can't test on comment on this, sorry.
commando

Post by commando »

Apologies. I thought you had some direct link with Roland themselves. Thank you for all your advice on this useful forum. Cheers.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, I do work with Roland in some areas, but this doesn't mean I can have all of their keyboards here :-) And my wife wouldn't like this for sure!