system change not saving

Forum for JUNO STAGE
LeeRoi

system change not saving

Post by LeeRoi »

Earlier today, I made a change in the System menu (Menu-System-Keyboard-Velocity Sensitivity). I then selected Write to save the changes. The change is very noticeable. However, when I power off the keyboard, and turn it back on, the changes are not saved. Am I missing a step?

Lee
FanTC

Re: system change not saving

Post by FanTC »

Hello, I have the same problem, you can work around it by setting it up everytime you start up the JS. But it would be great if Roland would fix this in a new update. I have ver. 1.04 I hope there will be another update soon!
commando

Post by commando »

You have not done anything wrong. This one of the many glitches that the JS suffers from. After JS has been switched off and later back on again, it does not seem to acknowledge system changes. You have to go back into System, locate keyboard sensitivity, alter the value slightly via the dial wheel or INC/DEC buttons and then return it back to where you originally programmed it. Exit System. You will now find that JS is playing with the sensitivity you asked for.
Every time you power up you will need to do this before your own settings are reproduced.
Needless to say, there are other posts about this. Most of us felt sure that Roland could have issued a software update to address this (and many other!) issues, but sadly none was ever forthcoming.
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

Mine's version 1.02 and it correctly saves system settings including the velocity setting.
FanTC

Post by FanTC »

Just got an e-mail from Roland, 1.04 is the latest OS, they're working on a new one and will come out soon......
Downgrading to 1.02 is possible but has to be done by Roland service centre because it needs a special software tool.
I think waiting for the new OS is the best option.
A3-jan

Post by A3-jan »

Very curious what is new in the new OS version....! 1.04 was just an upgrade for the technical support and not really for the customer!
Didn't they told you FanTC??
A3-jan

Post by A3-jan »

I also got the next problem:

I save the system change of sounds bij using a midi-dump in a midifile, but when i am playing the midifile with the songplayer of the juno-stage: the synth is using and playing the right sounds, but the keyboard doesn't contains the right sounds that i have previously made!

Someone got an idea??
commando

Post by commando »

This is a fascinating, if worrying, thread. Chrisk-K says his OS 1.02 saves system settings correctly, whereas my OS 1.03 definitely does not. A3-jan advises that 1.04 is an upgrade for Roland techs and not an OS update. FanTc has been told that the latest OS is 1.04 but a new one is in the pipeline - presumably 1.05.

Whatever the changes were between 1.02 and 1.03 we will probably never know, except, common with many software modifications, it appears to have brought bugs with it, one being the loss of automatic system change recall. On an earlier thread I posted the details of the alleged OS 1.04 that Roland UK had mailed me. I still have not plucked up courage or confidence enough to try to install this. I do not know what benefits or problems I might inherit with the alleged OS 1.04 and am unwilling to risk it. I think A3-jan is probably right but how did he find out and why don't Roland tell us more.

We seem to be the Mushroom Men - kept in the dark and fed a load of s**t. I tried to get answers from Roland US in case they were better informed or more forthcoming but the links keep bouncing me back to UK.

Confidence in Roland, for we lower market sector users, is waning fast. Luckily I have learned ways of using JS on stage in live performances that give me reasonably good results, but for me the worst idiosyncracy is the half second sound delay when switching between Favourites. I guess it is all down to price and manufacturing costs.
A3-jan

Post by A3-jan »

Hi commando, i just asked in my mail to Roland what the changes of version 1.04 were against 1.03.
He told me this was just only a bug-repair for the technical support.
So thats how i know. And thinking this guy who mailed me knows about his stuff, its true!

When someone knows about the upgrade OS version 1.05 (i guess) post it here will you??

Thanksss