Midi control message to change to GM bank of patches

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Spirit Fingers

Midi control message to change to GM bank of patches

Post by Spirit Fingers »

Please dont laugh when i explain my dilemma... I started out with an Atari midi computer to make my own midi files, and then at gigs used the sound brush to play the files. I had a JV-30. Well now due to some equipment failures i decided to update.. I'm trying to convert my existing midi files etc and put them on the memory stick etc etc. I'm finding that its not as simple one would have hoped. Although it works there is either a midi control message that doesn't work with the Juno Stage, or there is something missing. Even professional midi files i purchased 15 years ago share the same problem. ...Which is, the files don't seem to be telling the Juno Stage to change to the GM bank of sounds. I dont know what the midi control message for that would be... does anyone have any idea, or able to put me on the right path? Thanks
S-E-A

Re: Midi control message to change to GM bank of patches

Post by S-E-A »

Try emending these bank select messages to your files:

CC 0 121 (bank select MSB)
CC 32 0 (bank select LSB)

That should allow you select the GM2 patches with the usual program changes.
Spirit Fingers

Post by Spirit Fingers »

Hi, many thanks for your reply. There;s one more part to the puzzle that i forgot to mention. When i connect the Juno Stage direct to the Atari and play the midi file, everything works as it should. But when i transfer that very same midi file to the memory stick, and play the file via the song player, the required program change to the GM patch bank does not occur. I'm really confused.........
suezproject

Post by suezproject »

same here. what to do
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

did you try sending a gm reset at the beginning of your smf file?.. this is what forces a synth into gm mode and sets it up to expect PC changes within the GM bank.
A3-jan

Post by A3-jan »

I also have the same problem:

When i setup an performance, with all necc. instruments with the right volumes, panning, midi-channels etc, and i save it like a midi-dump before a midifile.
When i play it from my computer the keys of the JS does contains the right instruments BUT........
When i play it from the USB-player of the JS i only hear the right instruments but the keys doesn't have the right instruments i setup!

Someone got an idea??
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

did u try this?
Mystic38 wrote:did you try sending a gm reset at the beginning of your smf file?.. this is what forces a synth into gm mode and sets it up to expect PC changes within the GM bank.