Patches Available for Download??

Forum for JUNO STAGE
rcoleman1024

Patches Available for Download??

Post by rcoleman1024 »

I just replaced my Juno G with the Juno Stage. I have 2 questions: 1)Are there patches available anyplace to download for the Juno Stage? 2) There are a couple of patches that I really enjoyed using on the "G" which are not on the Stage. Assuming patches can be downloaded, can Juno G patches be used on the Stage??
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Patches Available for Download??

Post by Artemiy »

JUNO Stage has a different patch format compared to JUNO-G, so you can't exchange patches between them.

This said, we have about 200 free patches for it here:
http://www.rolandclan.com/library/juno-stage/

Plus, there are 300 commercial patches for JUNO Stage as well:
http://www.sinevibes.com/juno/
rcoleman1024

Post by rcoleman1024 »

Thanks very much for the help. I see the patches on the commercial site, however, the only thing I see on the Rolad site is the tweakbook.. is that what you were referring to ???
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, the Tweakbook patches are a free download.
rcoleman1024

Post by rcoleman1024 »

Thanks Artemly ! Very helpful. Can I simply unzip it and place it on my thumb drive and the will show up? Or do I have to transfer via USB?
Thanks,
-ron
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You will need to use the Juno's Librarian software on your computer.
rcoleman1024

Post by rcoleman1024 »

Thanks.. gonna try it now.
Yan

Post by Yan »

I had successfully install the patch to my new Juno Stages ...in USER area. It's working perfectly...Thxs.

Unfortunately I had accidentally deleted my previous patch collection there (whic are come from factory...I think). My question is how to get back my previous factory patch collection in USER area? Thx for advise.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

The factory patches in USER bank are just a selection of PRESET patches, so you will find them in PRESET bank now, do not worry.
wladymeer

Post by wladymeer »

Artemiy, is there any hope that we could get at least XV patches for J-Stage soon? Is J-Stage harder to "decode/transfer" than other Juno synths or is it because of minority comparing to G and Di users?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed that even if I don't have specific Juno synth I can actually use its editor to load user preset via .j*e file and read values and waveforms. For example, I could dowload some .jxe file, open it with Di Editor and then read MFX and preset settings and also numbers for waveform and compare it with manual and in case, correct?

Is there some other way to re-create patches? If not, I am really willing to transfer it manually, but I guess I would need Juno Di or Juno G ,j*e files for every XV patch. Guess we could start with some tryouts first :)

Oh and by the way, I've noticed that my waveform names list for Juno Stage Editor is pre-loaded even if my J-Stage is off so I was wondering is there any way to "trick" other editors (Juno Di/G) so that I could avoid looking up in manual for waveform name?)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

wladymeer, the thing is I actually paid one guy to write a converter, and he made one but only with a map for synthesizer group of waveforms, and we decided not to go further. I cannot justify sponsoring this work more, unfortunately. I did post 200+ Tweakbook patches free of charge, though, as I mentioned.
wladymeer

Post by wladymeer »

I see, so that's why you were able to convert Planet F and X banks?

If so, how about converting those XV patches that are made only from synthesizer group of waveforms? As a matter of fact, that might be the most interesting part of whole XV collection.

And what about my idea of manual converting? Could it work in a way I described in my last post at all ?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Our goal was to convert patches that use synth waveforms only, because they are 1:1 the same in JUNO Stage as in JUNO-G and others in the family. But other waveforms are different and we don't have the JUNO Stage so we cannot really test what we are doing... That is why we stopped any work.

However if someone with a JUNO-G or SonicCell sends me patches from XV collection that use only synth waveforms (I must check the exact numbers in the preset bank first!), then I can launch the converter on them and output a JUNO Stage file.