Time delay between Favourites

Forum for JUNO STAGE
commando

Time delay between Favourites

Post by commando »

I use the 'Favourite' banks when playing live, having stored about 30 popular sounds that we need in our repertoire. I presume that this is the main intention of the Favourite tabs - i.e. quick access to desired sounds whilst playing live. The problem is the time delay / dead time between switching tabs. I have developed fingering techniques to allow for this whilst playing live but it is a nuisance nonetheless. It means that there can never be blended continuity of sound between tab changes.
For example, if I am playing a 'Strings' favourite and then hit the favourite tab for 'Brass', the sound will cut off completely and stay off until I lift my fingers off the keys and then press the keys again. When I resume, the Brass sound is then heard, but not until fingers have been lifted and re-applied.
I have become mighty quick at these tab change/finger lifts but this is an additional unwelcome chore when maintaining a tight band sound, live on stage.
Surely it would be much better to have the equivalent of the "Patch Remain" option or something similar. To have to compensate for these anomalies whilst playing live on stage, using a keyboard with the name 'STAGE' facing the audience, is really rather ironic.
There are several other odd things with the Stage, that other threads have mentioned, relating to stage-unfriendliness.
I know this is one of Roland's cheaper models but surely there must be a software fix in the pipeline to make the STAGE more stage-friendly.
Candy

Re: Time delay between Favourites

Post by Candy »

Hi, this theme was discussed several times in this forum. Look here (and especially to my thread there):

http://forums.rolandclan.com/index.php?action=show_thre...

Candy
commando

Post by commando »

Thanks Candy. It would seem that Roland do not read the topics posted on this forum. When I first saw the handy "Favourite" buttons on the Stage I thought that it would be ideal for quick sound changes on live gigs. Very disappointing!
Candy

Post by Candy »

Everybody thaugth it....

Gr.
Candy
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO SAVE MY FAVORITES PERMANENTLY? COZ EVEYTIME I TURNED MY JS OFF, NOTHING LEFT IN MY FAVORITES..HOW TO SAVE IT SO THERES NO NEED FOR ME TO RE PROGRAM IT EVERYDAY, AND ANYONE DID FIGURE OUT ON HOW TO TWEAK THE PIANO? I CANT HEAR THE STINGING SOUND OF IT IF I PLAY, I KNOW IT HAS NO AFTERTOUCH... THANKS!