Multiple splits

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Lanski2000

Multiple splits

Post by Lanski2000 »

Hello Clan, Im going to buy a Rolang Juno Stage, i just want to know if its capable of multisplits? Let me say, 4 different sound in 4 division parts? Pls let me know because the juno G is capable of it.. but i like the touch of Stage. Thanks!
PauloF

Re: Multiple splits

Post by PauloF »

I'm affraid Juno-Stage is not capable to do that. Just Upper/ Lower splits and Layer.
Maybe that is possible when used as a sound module, but I'm not sure... I have to dig in in the manual.

Juno-G is perfectly capable of that yes, like the Fantoms.
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

PauloF, Just in case you found out how to program it, please let me know and give me some tips. Thanks in advance bro. Rock& Roll!
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

I think you are right, its not capable of multi-splits, anyway I will still buy it, because its cheap and I really like the touch, although no aftertouch. Thanks bro., is it possible if you can post some tweaks or sample like the one they used in Van Halen's JUMP? I will be grateful by then.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

No, in fact I was not right...it is capable of multi-splits like the Fantoms...

You can assign any key range for each of the 16 Parts, in a Performance.

Please have a read to the Owners Manual, from page 132 onwards...
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

Im supposed to get my JUNO-Stage tomorrow, so please let me know if you have tried it.. Im so glad if its really capable of multi-splits. Il just read the manual then,, thanks lot bro.. now my hope are alive!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

I strongly suggest you try it before yoi buy it. It won't hurt you ;-)

Regarding the multi-split, maybe an owner can give you better advice, but from reading the manual (pages 132 onwards), the Juno-Stage's performance mode is pretty much like the Fantoms,
Where you can define whatever keyboard range for each of the 16 Parts.
This is a multi-split setup for me.

The Stage has also a new mode using only the parts 1 and 2, for immediate playing.
In this mode you can use a "lower tone" and/or a "upper tone" alone, in split or layered.
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

Finally I got my JS, and tried to edit the multi splits, at first its very confusing, but if you got a little bit familiar with the parameters, its a bit easier but I still need to read the manual a lot to get more info on a much deeper sound modifying. Its sound good and not pricey though. Thanks for your help my friend.
bluemeenie

Post by bluemeenie »

I've had my JS for almost a year, and I generally love it. No problem splitting up to 16 sections. You just select the key range for any of the 16 parts. This helps you to layer too.
I've found that I've needed to tweak almost all of the sounds I use. I think most keyboards are like this. I have one go-to piano and one go-to organ, and of course lots of other stuff too since I play in a classic rock/pop band. I have a great setup for the vocoder too, which I can share if you want.
The biggest thing that drove me crazy for a long time, was that the keyboard velocity was too dynamic, meaning that I had to hit really hard to get more volume. I finally found the global setting for this, and subsequently settings within each patch, and I'm a happy camper.
bluemeenie

Post by bluemeenie »

Hey Lanski... for Jump, just grab a square wave and work with it. That'll get you 90% there.
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

Hello, Tnxlot for the tips..Im still getting accustom to my JS little by little, as for the vocoder, I still have no idea how it works, I will be very happy if I can get a sample from you, but still no idea how to make it work, though.. Im very interested in my piano tweaking.. Its a little bit flat, I mean the velocity, how did you do it? work pretty well as if it has an aftertouch? What I mean is, the stinging sound of piano I just cant feel it. If you have pls. post a sample, Thanks lot!!!
bluemeenie

Post by bluemeenie »

You can adjust the overall velocity sensitivity of the keyboard under MENU>SYSTEM>KBD>.
You can set it at light, medium, or heavy, or even adjust it further to suit your playing.
If your piano needs to be little brighter, you can go into the 'piano mode' and adjust the 'lid state' to wide open. You can also go into your effects and change the overall EQ.

For the vocoder, start with page 87 in the manual. The problem with the vocoder is that it's not really a vocoder. You may find the vocoder isn't worth your trouble. Here's what works well for me (and I really only use this effect for one song). I set up a patch as laid out in the manual. Instead of plugging my mic directly into the keyboard, I take an aux send from my mic strip on our band's mixer, and plug that into the mic input on the keyboard. That way you can adjust both the mic volume and the volume of the vocoder patch separately. You'll have to experiment, as with everything on this keyboard.

I spent a lot of time setting up my board after I first got it, now I hardly tweak anything that everything's where I need it to be.
Lanski2000

Post by Lanski2000 »

Bro., thanks for the tips.. Il just do a lot more reading on the manual and try to do some experiment on my JS.. Il try to figure out what JS vocoder is all about..maybe Il just find some nice song that JS can fit its voco-sound. All in all, its not a bad kboard afterall. thanks! To all JS users...Pls. keep on posting any new discovery about JS..looking forward to that, geniuses!