Making backing tracks with Juno Stage

Forum for JUNO STAGE
Manchoa

Making backing tracks with Juno Stage

Post by Manchoa »

Hi !

I try to make backing tracks with mu Juno Stage, convert them to MP3, load to song player and then play along in my gigs. The problem is - in patch mode and performance mode patches sound very different. Yes, I know why and yes, I hate Roland for doing this :-)

I think there is no easy way to make backing track with Juno Stage because - tonality of the patches is very different. I have not found a single good electric bass guitar sound for example. Comapared to other sounds they all have way too much bass.
I use SRX-01 sound expansion, and all the drumpatches in this card are much quieter than the built in pathes. Also the patches in SRX-01 are not in traditional GM setup !

So I decided to record track by trakc using Juno Stage in Patch mode ! I record all tracks to audio and mix them in Logic studio. I found this to be better way to do this. Still the bass guitar sounds are a headache for me. Has anyone made good electric bass guitar user sounds ? The ones in Juno stage are boomy and over-pushed low freqs. Does the Srx-07 help out ? Are bass sounds in it better ?
PauloF

Re: Making backing tracks with Juno Stage

Post by PauloF »

Did you try the GM: 79 Finger'd Bass ??
junog_

Post by junog_ »

the basses on srx-07 are best in the srx series and i recomend them totaly
goz211

Post by goz211 »

junog - do you own both the srx-07 & a Juno Stage?

Have you tried the card in the Juno Stage? If so how do the SRX-07 sounds compare to the stock JS sounds? Are they better or just different?
GabriStuart

Post by GabriStuart »

Thanks for your sharing. I think you're right. It looks very useful_
GabriStuart

Post by GabriStuart »

It looks very good