Librarian & Editor not working on new Win7 computer

Forum for JUNO STAGE
MikeV

Librarian & Editor not working on new Win7 computer

Post by MikeV »

. . . . well that about says it all. I've just gotten a new Win7 (64-bit) laptop, and can't, of course, find a version of these programs that will run on this machine. I was looking forward to finally be able to use these programs.

It's pretty close to the last straw.

I gotta tell you all I've owned this board for about 16 months now and I don't know what I was thinking. If I could swap this thing and get my old Alesis QS7.1 back I think I'd take all of about three seconds to pull the trigger.

But since an opportunity like that is not likely to come along I'll ask if anyone has seen a software patch for these program or a new release of them that's compatible with Win7.
jdpeffer

Re: Librarian & Editor not working on new Win7 computer

Post by jdpeffer »

Hello,

I agree with the option to return it, a lot of bugs and most certanly not a live synth.

For the software, it is working with windows 7, but you need to download a new driver on the roland product page.

http://www.rolandce.com/eu/en/products/synthesizers/syn...

Greetz
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Oh, I've already tried that. And it's not like this computer is some piece of garbage I picked up at a rummage sale. It's a brand spanking new Dell Inspiron.

And I rechecked my downloads three separate times, 64-bit OS, 64-bit driver.
jdpeffer

Post by jdpeffer »

That's strange, i also use windows 7, 64 bit and have no problems using the Juno stage librarian & editor, on both my PC and laptop and on both it does work fine.

Maybey you can descirbe your problem more?
Do the programs startup, what error messages do you get, etc.

Did you try running the programs as administrator? I can't recall it was necessery for me, but it is windows ;-).
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Yep, I'm my own administrator. The message read:

"Unable to read/write data"

That was it, really.
jdpeffer

Post by jdpeffer »

So the program does startup?

If this is true, can you select the midi devices and device ID, are these set correctly?

I dont have the stage here now, but i believe there are settings in the menu to enable/disable system ex. messages, they have to be enabled.

Maybe one of these settings will help.
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Thanks for trying, but no luck. I think a mild nastygram to Roland is called for.