Low Prices on juno stage why?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
curtisdog

Low Prices on juno stage why?

Post by curtisdog »

anyone know why the new prices are so low on the juno stage is there something really wrong with this unit?I was wanting to buy one but I don't want a lemon thanks
SonnyDaye

Re: Low Prices on juno stage why?

Post by SonnyDaye »

Could be all the keybed issues that Roland never dealt with. Should have been a Recall. And we're STILL waiting for an OS Update. Seems like Roland has NO interest in supporting this keyboard. I've lost all faith in the company. It's too bad - the Juno-Stage really could have been a dynamite keyboard if they only fixed all the problems and supported it.
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Don't want a lemon?

Easy.

Steer clear of the Stage. Unless you're one of those people who enoys banging your head against the wall simply because it'll feel so good when you stop.
jdpeffer

Post by jdpeffer »

Excactly,

My reseller replaced the stage because of all the software issues. Roland technicians told me that there would be no update for the stage any more. Lukely i own a Yamaha S70 now, which sounds great and found no functions which are not working!
muzicmaken

Post by muzicmaken »

Looks like the JS is gone except for eBay.. AMS, Zzounds, MF, GC, Sweetwater no longer have them..
Studio5397

Post by Studio5397 »

Having been a long time Roland user, I have never had any problems with Roland gear. I play very hard but take great care with my instruments. I always invest in a good case (SKB).

From a business perspective, Roland is very good at their marketing plans. At the end of a life cycle, they always offer clearance pricing (usually about 1/3 of full retail).

The Juno Stage uses the Fantom X sound engine as it shares the same SRX expansion capabilities. Many patches are exactly the same between the two units. It has the same piano and Rhodes as does my RD700SX. In the studio, they are indistinguishable.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Then you don't know the s70 very well... It is simply a more expensive lemon

The s6 piano samples are vile around D2
intermittent reduced polyphony issues
USB drive based midi playback is seriously flawed, rendering it unusable
It take 7 button pushes to set tempo
You can play and there is intermittent lag in the notes sounding
The wav playback volume default level is maximum, earsplitting loud and cannot be adjusted

And I could go on and on.......

At the end of the day..EVERY instrument has it's flaws and tbh, if you are interested in a 76 key board at this time, there is not a huge choice and the price may be compelling for the JS
jdpeffer wrote:Excactly,

My reseller replaced the stage because of all the software issues. Roland technicians told me that there would be no update for the stage any more. Lukely i own a Yamaha S70 now, which sounds great and found no functions which are not working!