Creating and Saving Performance

Forum for JUNO STAGE
markf

Creating and Saving Performance

Post by markf »

I understand that the 64 user performances can be overwritten and saved with the users custom settings.

I want to make a simple split keyboard performance and save it.

Am I correct that I first must select one of the 64 factory setup user performances, edit it to my specs and then save it? I can then change the name to identify it.

The trouble I am having is that a lot of the factory set user performances have effects and distortions or whatever added on to them. If I change the patch to a new one of my choosing it still has all of the effects or distortions applied.

How do I get the new patch I add to behave like a default patch without the effects and etc applied?

Thanks for any help!
Lanski2000

Re: Creating and Saving Performance

Post by Lanski2000 »

Hello MarkF,
At first I was kind of confused too, but if you got the manual, you can read it step by step and there is a certain command that when you initializes a certain preset and change it to your kind of taste, you can initialize the patch that you chose and renamed, all parameters will be on zero, then you can start adding effects on it one by one... me i used to program it in multi splits thru the help in the manual. You can download it if you dont have. The only problem is, the lack of aftertouch, at first you'll feel its not satisfying, but try to hear it on the recordings, live or studio, you wont beleive that its sounds like that. Little by little you can get used to it, you can do a lot of tweaking and multiple splits, but the only problem is when you switch sound from performance to patch, the sound just suddenly cutoff. so if you're a musician who do live, you can have a way for sure how to avoid it. All in all, I love my Juno Stage, its not expensive and most of all, when i heard my live recordings with my band, I suddenly fell inlove with it. Its analog and digital in one..just find a way to figure it out for your ease when playing live.
markf

Post by markf »

Thank you very much for your reply! If I understand correctly : I would initialize the patch from a preset performance to set it to a zero added effect state.

I do have the manual and am slowly gaining a better understanding of how to use/operate the stage. I love the sounds and like the instrument, I just find the manual and the controls to be kind of confusing. I'm used to working with sophisticated complex computer software, but for me the stage manual is not at all clear.

So thanks for your help!!!
commando

Post by commando »

To create and save your own Performance it is necessary to select one of the 64 Performances already stored on the Stage and then clear everything off that particular performance - so pick one you don't particularly like.

Hit PERFORM. Select USER. Hold down the shift button and press the 7 button, which will initialise (i.e erase, clear and format) the performance slot. Select DEFAULT and follow the screen prompts.

Then shift and 7 again but this time select SOUND CONTROL. Repeat as before. By doing this you will erase the Performance and ensure that no sound effects will carry over to your new performance.
markf

Post by markf »

Thank you! That was exactly the info I was looking for.