Does the Juno Stage have Aftertouch?

Forum for JUNO STAGE
muzicmaken

Does the Juno Stage have Aftertouch?

Post by muzicmaken »

I'm in the market to buy a new keyboard after just selling my Korg Triton Le.

I have read up on the Roland Juno series. I originally wanted the Gi but after hearing it did not have after touch I was disappointed.
Then I came across the Juno Stage. I read somewhere that it did have after touch and the online music store confirmed it. But I also read a few reviews one that was on the same online store saying that it did not have after touch.

Can someone steer me in the right direction. The Juno Stage sound like it is exactly what I need for playing live [which is country and pop rock] but I want to be able to get the subtleties I need for the performance.

any help is greatly appreciated.
Lanski2000

Re: Does the Juno Stage have Aftertouch?

Post by Lanski2000 »

Hi,
Juno Stage is a very nice keyboard, for me im satisfied with it, the lack of aftertouch is maybe missing but you can program it and get a piece of aftertouch if not full.. I admit at first I was totally disappointed with JS, but when I started programming it, tru multi-splits everything has changed. If you hear the JS in your live recordings you wont beleive that it sounded great! Whe you're on stage youll feel a little uneasy to play most specially piano, what I did is, I layerd 2 kinds of pianos, one is higher level than the other one, then I added the string by pressing Ls1 and Ls2, all are customizable, one thing is not good, the sound just suddenly cutoff if you move from patch to performance, but if you just a live musician, you Adfigure out how to avoid that kind of scenario by just programming it the way you want it live. I have a sample of my saved user performance, but I wonder if it will work with you JS.
muzicmaken

Post by muzicmaken »

Thanks Lanski...

I asked this question over in t Gi section {I bought the Gi and it is on backorder but may call and cancell}
Does the JS have velocity such as if I'm playing piano and I play a chord soft will it sound soft and if played hard will it sound hard to be able to hear the dynamics between the two.

I was confused between velocity and aftertouch.

I'm thinking of canceling my order and getting the JS. They have the same engines in them don't they and sounds? I don't need all the recording stuff on the Gi as I have a Daw system and a mobile digital studio I use.

thanks for the nfo...

Ken
commando

Post by commando »

The Stage does have adjustable keyboard velocity which can be tailored quite easily. The JS has some slightly awkward characteristics (see previous listings) but overall is great value for money and good for gigging and live performances. It could be so much better with a bit of tweaking by Roland in their software dept but I still like mine and feel confident whilst playing live on stage.

There is an Aftertouch facility which can be programmed in via effects settings but I have no experience of trying it. I can always get the response I need by adjusting keyboard velocity.
muzicmaken

Post by muzicmaken »

I canceled my order for the Gi as it was back ordered till Jan 17th. So I ordered the JS and am already looking at getting a couple SRX's on down the line. My first purchase will be the Concert pianos Would love to get the Ulitmate Key's first though...lol

I'm excited about getting it now....The Gi looks and sounds great but I just didn't need all that recording functions on it.

Ken