I love my Juno Stage

Forum for JUNO STAGE
muzicmaken

I love my Juno Stage

Post by muzicmaken »

I am loving my Juno Stage....I still have a lot to learn about it but I wish I would have discovered the JS sooner...lol.. I've been practicing and playing with it through my headphones and it sounds incredible..

.But...lol...When I played it through my little pa actually practice pa for my studio (Peavey head with 2 Kustom 12inch and a horn cabinets) it sounds crappy... SO I can't wait to hear it through our main pa....

My next purchase will be the SRX board pianos and the Ultimate Keys..

Ken
commando

Re: I love my Juno Stage

Post by commando »

The degradation in sound quality when using commercial stage amplification is, in my experience, inevitable if disappointing. If I play my JS though my home hi-fi gear it sounds great - just as good as it did through the headphones. But using any stage power amp it suffers from a loss of low-level detail and subsequent dulling of the quality.
I use two Roland KC550 on stage. They will push out commendable sound pressure levels which comfortably cut through the mix and the sound quality is better than many other amps I have tried but still nowhere near as good as the home hi-fi.
Fortunately the sound off-stage is still fine, especially when also mixed via the pa system. Most stage amps are very coloured, bandwidth-restricted and certainly not hi-fi. It is a compromise that seems inevitable in order to get the grunt - unless you can afford Wilson-Watts speakers and some mega-bucks amps.